What's new

Who drink tea?

AliciaB9

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I would like to try some of this tea craze ... but I feel like I need a tea for dummies book ....

Seriously what is worth the money and what is a rip off ... and where to go to buy decent stuff for a tea starter.

Reccomendations? :dunce:

ohhhhhhhhhh! Tazo tea has a lots of great varieties and was 79c a box at Target through Oct 29th :pout:

That doesn't help much, right? :giggles:

"tea craze"? :dunce:

Funny! Someone made tea here at work and the smell of there tea made me want to puke. I do not like tea. I have tried for many many years and it is gross!

Having said that... I am addicted to tea. I love tea!

Good tea that is.

I had only ever tried the grocery store varieties. BARF!

I was walking through the mall with my SIL and niece last winter and came across Teavana. They had samples out and I tried tea again...... I kept trying it b/c it's supposed to be so good for you and I really wanted to like it.

Every tea they had out... I could drink and deal with. I didn't LIKE them all... But, I could drink them all.

I love Hot Chai teas. I love to mix them and make different combos. Their tea IS expensive, but totally worth it IMO.

I got alot of tea steeping supplies from them and use them daily. Piggers actually had her Perfect Tea Maker break and they replaced it for free.

I also got a cast iron pot from World Market. At Teavana they are like $50, World Market $20. The cast iron is supposed to hold the properties of the tea. If you steep a white tea and then next time you do a black tea.... You still get the health benefits from the white tea in with your black brew.

At least this is what they say. Good luck with your decision. HTH

"tea craze"? :dunce:

We had a new tea store move into the mall in orland and many people I work with and in my church are now into tea. Teavana I think, but when I went in there i could not believe how much this stuff cost! But I guess its good for you blah blah blah ... so I was just wondering if anyone knew much about the tea world ... maybe craze was a bit over board ;)

I love the Tazo Passion tea (iced, not hot). Mix it with some good lemonade (not none of that minute maid stuff), add a little ice, and some sweetener if you want, and you have Starbuck's Passion Tea Lemonade.

I love Hot Chai teas. I love to mix them and make different combos. Their tea IS expensive, but totally worth it IMO.

I got alot of tea steeping supplies from them and use them daily. Piggers actually had her Perfect Tea Maker break and they replaced it for free.

I also got a cast iron pot from World Market. At Teavana they are like $50, World Market $20. The cast iron is supposed to hold the properties of the tea. If you steep a white tea and then next time you do a black tea.... You still get the health benefits from the white tea in with your black brew.

At least this is what they say. Good luck with your decision. HTH
... thanks this is what i was looking for ... So cast iron at World market, today I learned that you dont heat the water in there, but in a kettle ... the things our moms never taught us . LOL

OHHHH! Organic Chai Spiced Black Tea is one of my favorites..... lots of flavor :drool:

... thanks this is what i was looking for ... So cast iron at World market, today I learned that you dont heat the water in there, but in a kettle ... the things our moms never taught us . LOL

I have a $10 plastic/electric kettle from Target that warms the water in like a minute. It is very fast. I put a thermometer in it to measure the temp b/c each tea needs to steep at a different temp. They gice you all the info when you buy the tea. There is also a free iphone app.

The prices are high, but not as bad as what you think at first glance.

Example: 2 oz of the White Ayurvedic Chai is $10.00...... But, 2 oz of tea is ALOT more than you think! Think weight, not volume. 2 oz equals 25-30 teaspoons. For the White Chai you use 1.5 teaspoons per cup (8 oz). So 15-20 cups of tea for $10.
When I first looked at it... I was like.... $10 for a cup of tea?! Puleze!

HTH

I like Brandy in my tea. :9:

I think I'll need to look for other places to buy loose tea. Wowza 18 for 2 ounces. I almost asked the cashier if I should be rolling it in paper.
I'm going to stop by Dunkin donuts for my last free pumpkin iced coffee to make myself feel better.

I think I'll need to look for other places to buy loose tea. Wowza 18 for 2 ounces. I almost asked the cashier if I should be rolling it in paper.
I'm going to stop by Dunkin donuts for my last free pumpkin iced coffee to make myself feel better.

:ha:

Felicia has an online source for loose leaf tea that is less expensive. I didn't try them b/c I like to try my tea before I buy.

It is less expensive that way. I don't want to buy something I don't like and then not use it. And I am a tea snob. :lol:

One of the guys at work drinks the fancy teas. Seriously, some of the tea leaves look nasty. He has some sort of in cup filter that he brews the tea in and then the clear filter lifts out and takes the leaves with it.

quick google search - this is what the tea cup looks like

41MNy5onvjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Me, I'm ok with the cheaper stuff. I fell in love with a Tetly Pear Rooibos tea for a while but then I couldn't find it anymore.

My new favorite is Bigelow's French Vanilla decaf. I'm drinking a cup right now.

Back