What's new

Who drink tea?

LURVE Teavanna... don't LURVE the price!

Steve likes being tea bagged. :)

Who doesn't? :bee:

the cat isn't thrilled about it

tea-bag-jpeg-image-637x470-pixels-1.jpg

Reccomendations? :dunce:

Betsy's in Lockport on 10th Street, just east of State Street. It's next to the Illinois State Museum Lockport Gallery.

Tea is not cheap. At least, good tea is not cheap. Betsy's offers tasting (at least they used to). I don't think on everything, but some stuff. The owner, Sandra, can be a little gruff, but she really does have a big heart. Her husband Robert also works there.

They also have other things for sale there: yarn, books, candles, cards, gifts, etc. etc. I need to go visit them....

I haven't been there in a while, so I'd call to make sure they are still open. Try them out and LMK what you think.

We had a new tea store move into the mall in orland and many people I work with and in my church are now into tea. Teavana I think, but when I went in there i could not believe how much this stuff cost! But I guess its good for you blah blah blah ... so I was just wondering if anyone knew much about the tea world ... maybe craze was a bit over board ;)

We bought my mom a teapot from there last year. I enjoy tea and think that **** is great! Thats more of a "treat" kind of tea...not like a Lipton type thing.

I personally love it. So does my mom!

Red Rose, not available in the US. Actually it looks like some of the stores with "Import" aisles, like Meijer, carry it. Won't be cheap though.
Red_Rose_Tea_Header.jpg

Oh and Blueberry Tea:
1 oz amaretto almond liqueur
1 oz Grand Marnier® orange liqueur
Orange Pekoe® tea

Betsy's in Lockport on 10th Street, just east of State Street. It's next to the Illinois State Museum Lockport Gallery.

Tea is not cheap. At least, good tea is not cheap. Betsy's offers tasting (at least they used to). I don't think on everything, but some stuff. The owner, Sandra, can be a little gruff, but she really does have a big heart. Her husband Robert also works there.

They also have other things for sale there: yarn, books, candles, cards, gifts, etc. etc. I need to go visit them....

I haven't been there in a while, so I'd call to make sure they are still open. Try them out and LMK what you think.
It is still there! Thanks a million. This is such a reasonable place campared to teavanna!!!! Plus she recommends things as well!

Oh and Blueberry Tea:
1 oz amaretto almond liqueur
1 oz Grand Marnier® orange liqueur
Orange Pekoe® tea

Oh I could use that right about now! :cartwheel:

Red Rose, not available in the US. Actually it looks like some of the stores with "Import" aisles, like Meijer, carry it. Won't be cheap though.
Red Rose tea is available in almost every store around here:

Black Tea 100ct -
Shaws, Stop & Shop, Hannaford, Market Basket, Price Chopper, Trucchi's, Big Y, Roche Bros, Geisslers

Decaf Black Tea -
Shaws, Stop & Shop, Hannaford, Market Basket, Price Chopper, Trucchi's, Big Y, Roche Bros, Geisslers

English Breakfast -

Decaf English Breakfast -
Shaws, Market Basket, Price Chopper, Big Y

Earl Grey -
Stop & Shop, Shaws, Market Basket, Price Chopper, Big Y, Roche Bros

Irish Breakfast -
Big Y, Shaws, Stop & Shop,
Don't forget, we take our tea seriously up here. :snicker:

Hope you find a Cost world plus 10 off a 30 purchase coupon to buy your kettle. I know mine just expired but they usually put out several this time of year. Sign up in e-mail might facilitate getting one online...

I want to LIKE tea as well --sadly my mom made me drink VERY strong tea to induce vomitting when I was little--just teh smell makes me choke

BUT all my co workers and friends say no dont drink lipton drink herbal teas--hmmm

one day.....

BUT all my co workers and friends say no dont drink lipton drink herbal teas--hmmm

one day.....

Agreed. Don't drink Lipton. I only buy the grocery store brands cuz I'm cheap, but lots of them taste better than Lipton.

I LOVE Tea! Earl Grey is my Fave!

There is a great place in Vernon Hills it's called Tea Harbor. You can buy loose leaf tea, they have lot's to choose from.

They will also brew some for you and you can sit, chill and drink it...! I bring my daughter in often and let her sniff around till she finds one she likes then they brew it for us. And if we like it we buy some for home.

It's our "thing"!

It's also with in walking distance from the Des Plaines river and some nice hiking trails so we will go for walks as well!

I LOVE Tea! Earl Grey is my Fave!

There is a great place in Vernon Hills it's called Tea Harbor. You can buy loose leaf tea, they have lot's to choose from.

They will also brew some for you and you can sit, chill and drink it...! I bring my daughter in often and let her sniff around till she finds one she likes then they brew it for us. And if we like it we buy some for home.

It's our "thing"!

It's also with in walking distance from the Des Plaines river and some nice hiking trails so we will go for walks as well!

The stuff they brew for you.... Is it a sample or do you need to buy a cup to try?
At Teavana.... They have samples out, but if you want to try something different before you buy to bring home.... You have to buy a cup first.

I think they should sample it. I would try a lot more if I didn't have to buy the cup first. I have like 8 different teas in my house. And I have several at work. I have bought tins for them as well. I have also bought 2 different size Perfect tea makers. I buy a lot. I spend a lot. I would buy more if I tasted stuff I liked....

But, if I am gonna buy a cup, I am gonna spend the money on something I know I am gonna enjoy!

theteaspot.com best tea I have ever had. A bit expensive but totally worth it. They offer sample sizes but I have yet to find one I didnt like. Even my teenage son drinks tea now thanks to them. They are woman owned and a portion of the money goes to cancer wellness programs.

Back