What's new

Who still uses XP

I don't lol. I use Windows 7. Though I have switched back and forth from Ubuntu 10 to W7. I really like Ubuntu but all the devs choose Windows so I'm kind of forced to use it.
I know alot of devs that prefer macs.. its great for developing. But im a windows guy.

I know alot of devs that prefer macs.. its great for developing. But im a windows guy.
Tell them to switch to Ubuntu ;). I prefer it over anything, mac is just cute, not really my thing,

Tell them to switch to Ubuntu ;). I prefer it over anything, mac is just cute, not really my thing,
The big developers use it, an example would be forum software developers. But yea, Ubuntu is not bad... just the lack of programs, and compatibility keeps me from using it.

Im still on Windows XP, and I plan to buy a new PC running win7 next month. Hopefully.

Im still on Windows XP, and I plan to buy a new PC running win7 next month. Hopefully.
I would do that, you will love windows 7 im telling you. Just make sure you dont get the starter version :)

I have Windows XP and love it. I probably should upgrade, but I got other things to do with my money right now.

One of the key advantages of Windows 7 for me is 64-bit speed and larger amounts of addressable memory (192GB !!!).

Combined with a SSD for the OS and you get a very fast machine.

Funnily enough though we had a PC brought into the office this week that still runs DOS 6.2 !!! :eek:

The PC is a single-core 286 which drives a £385,000 CNC window and door manufacturing machine via a serial port on the back. We managed to get it going again (damaged IDE cable) but we would have had a hard time finding a suitable replacement at such short notice.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

pfft...Skip Vista and go straight to 7!

Hahaha! I agree completely :) as long as their computer can handle it ;) of course there is always starter addition XD

As for using XP i ditched XP a long time ago.

XP on my PC
Vista on my laptop
Windows 7 on my Netbook

Err switch that up a bit and I could understand.

7 on PC
Vista on netbook
XP on Laptop

:) much better :p
Nope, I know what operating system my Personal Computer, Laptop and Netbook uses :)

I know I'm just saying it would be much better the way I listed it :p

Hes trying to say thats how it should be, that windows 7 fits best for a PC, and Windows XP best for a laptop, and Vista best on a netbook.
ohh, I see and na I disagree

Vista works best on Laptop. :}

Back