What's new

Who still uses XP

ohh, I see and na I disagree

Vista works best on Laptop. :}
I do too, Windows 7 works best on all. I have windows 7 ultimate running on my laptop, and netbook, and my moms PC. It runs great :thumbsup:

I use to love XP but then it decided to run slow on my laptop, so now I'm running win7 and it hasn't disappointed me. Being able to customize the whole laptop, the skin, the "start" button and the sounds when you log off and turn on or restart is fun. :) I currently have it all set to a simpson style what's a pretty fun theme and sounds to use. :)

I use to love XP but then it decided to run slow on my laptop, so now I'm running win7 and it hasn't disappointed me. Being able to customize the whole laptop, the skin, the "start" button and the sounds when you log off and turn on or restart is fun. :) I currently have it all set to a simpson style what's a pretty fun theme and sounds to use. :)
Haha, Nice I have it customized on my laptop.. I love how easy it is to customize windows 7.

The big developers use it, an example would be forum software developers. But yea, Ubuntu is not bad... just the lack of programs, and compatibility keeps me from using it.
It would be nice if Ubuntu had more support by devs.

I have XP my other machine, my "desktop". My Laptop is 3 yrs old, but I have Windows 7 Ultimate on it, I only have XP on the other machine because at the time it had 512MB of RAM. Now it has 4GB, I may as well update it to Win7.

I have XP my other machine, my "desktop". My Laptop is 3 yrs old, but I have Windows 7 Ultimate on it, I only have XP on the other machine because at the time it had 512MB of RAM. Now it has 4GB, I may as well update it to Win7.
Yea, that would be the right move to make :thumbsup:

I still like windows xp but now unfortunately all of my computers have been updated.

Can you upgrade from XP to Win7? I forget, I think I read somewhere that there may be issues?
Depending on your hardware.. if it can support the requirements of Windows 7.

I still use Windows XP and I don't think that will change any time soon.

Windows 7 and Vista just annoy me. :mad:
I tried using them on my cousins computer for 2 days and almost trashed it.

What annoys me the most is that if you want to run something you need to confirm it 10 times.
And I don't know why but it feels kind of intrusive. :cautious:

For now Windows XP satisfies all my needs. :cool:
That sounded kinky. :D

I still use Windows XP and I don't think that will change any time soon.

Windows 7 and Vista just annoy me. :mad:
I tried using them on my cousins computer for 2 days and almost trashed it.

What annoys me the most is that if you want to run something you need to confirm it 10 times.
And I don't know why but it feels kind of intrusive. :cautious:

For now Windows XP satisfies all my needs. :cool:
That sounded kinky. :D
I agree I find that annoying but there is a setting for that.

I agree I find that annoying but there is a setting for that.

True there is a setting, but there is still the issue of Windows 7 being not too friendly with older software. :D

Can you upgrade from XP to Win7? I forget, I think I read somewhere that there may be issues?

I couldn't advise upgrading form Windows XP to Windows 7 because its a really big jump and you will probably experience some data corruption and some files missing.

So a fresh install is better then an upgrade. ;)

I agree the User Account Control option is over protective, so I got that disabled :giggle:

I've also switched a few programs into compatibility mode so they show in the taskbar rather than pinned to the windows, and also put quick launch back, as well as the WMP toolbar :cool:

I agree the User Account Control option is over protective, so I got that disabled :giggle:

I've also switched a few programs into compatibility mode so they show in the taskbar rather than pinned to the windows, and also put quick launch back, as well as the WMP toolbar :cool:
Yea same here, I forgot what it was called lol.

To be honest to you all Windows 7, in my opinion, should have been just a service pack for Vista but I guess Microsoft just got greedy.

The reason why I say this is because the whole system is based on Vista they only fixed the things the users were complaining on Vista and of course they called it Windows 7.

To be honest to you all Windows 7, in my opinion, should have been just a service pack for Vista but I guess Microsoft just got greedy.

The reason why I say this is because the whole system is based on Vista they only fixed the things the users were complaining on Vista and of course they called it Windows 7.
Well I wouldnt say that, there are great amounts of improvement on Windows 7, which would be to big for a service pack, good amounts are based on vista but its much more advanced and what not. Its better of as its own OS instead of a service pack. I have used both, and Windows 7 is nothing like vista much bigger improvement.

I still use Windows XP simply because I used to have Vista but it would always update and was, overall, pretty crap. So my dad's friend wiped my whole laptop, installed another 1GB RAM and installed XP again. And I have never even thought of upgrading.

I still use Windows XP simply because I used to have Vista but it would always update and was, overall, pretty crap. So my dad's friend wiped my whole laptop, installed another 1GB RAM and installed XP again. And I have never even thought of upgrading.
Yea you are better of with XP than vista :)

Yea you are better of with XP than vista :)

I went back to XP before christmas and since then it has updated like 3 times. Vista used to update like twice a week!

I went back to XP before christmas and since then it has updated like 3 times. Vista used to update like twice a week!
Well theres a reason behind that as XP is outdated so they release updates for vista and 7.

Back