What's new

Why the Rock gives more priority to movies than WWE?

xlamposx

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have any idea why Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has been dedicated to movies than being a full-time WWE wrestler? Is it because the movie companies are giving him more money than the WWE? Or is it because he loves to be a movie actor than a full-time WWE superstar?

Personally, it's because he's just moved on with his life and Beyond wrestling. Wrestling was just a phase for the most part. He made his fame and money, and moved on to grander things.

I haven't given it much thought because I think it is really obvious: Millions of dollars to get the **** kicked out of you and possibly break your neck vs The same, if not more, millions of dollars to stand in front of a green screen and say some lines.

The Rock is not that great of an actor (in Hollywood), but he draws crowds due to his fame. Not many people watch WWE, so there's less recognition there.

I think that it is because he is making basically the same money but living a much more relaxed and care-free life. I would not mind standing in front of a camera all day doing lines for millions of dollars :D

Well he's growing old and even though he is built to get physical in the ring, it would need to be put in a lot of hard work and so he just wants to move on to different things in life.

To me I think it is the combination of the both. The Rock knows that he would be in wrestling forever and always needs a backup plan. The Rock being in wrestling now is probably be only for part time purposes only. Before he left the first time, he didn't really wasn't getting anymore title shots, so he decide to make movies full time instead. Now he might just wrestle part time. Wrestling is still in bloodstream and might just want to completely get it out of his system.

Money! He is not that great of an actor! I think his best role was in Get Shorty 2. But he wasn't the lead so not much talent had to be done.

The Tooth Fairy was stupid.. lost alot of respect for him on that one.

I would imagine he gets paid alot more money and its an easier job! Wrsetling even though fake places massive demands on the body.

I think The Rock has taken a wise decision to give more priority to movies than wrestling.
The million dollar question in regard is, "Why does a person work?" The answer is obvious -- either for fame or for money. The Rock has earned both. So why does he have to get his body beaten every now and then for the same fame and money he has already earned? If he can earn the same things while doing movies, then why shouldn't he switch to movies?
After all, if we look at the trend of wrestlers who have died, we can see 1 cause being the most common one- heart related cause. Whether it be heart failure, heart enlargement, caridac arrest or heart attack, many wrestlers have faced pre-mature death because they pushed their bodies beyond the limit while wrestling. We can take examples of great wrestlers like The British Bulldog, Eddie Guerrero, Umaga, Macho Man Randy Savage, Road Warrior Hawk, Andre the Giant, Bam Bam Bigelow,Big Boss Man and Yokozuna. They all died because of their prolonged attachment to wrestling. We don't know how many big names are going to meet death in the future due to kindred terms?
Thus, The Rock has taken the most appropriate decision for himself. For fans like us, it's just about the emotions. But the show goes on. When wrestlers like The Rock, Stone Cold and Hitman left, we used to wonder whether WWE would ever be as entertaining as it used to be. But look who time has brought us to? Now we've got wrestlers like John Cena, Randy Orton and CM Punk who will maintain the level of entertainment in the industry.
As for Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock. Best of Luck in all your future endeavours. You don't have to waste your body every night. If you just headline the main events once in a while, your fans will not have the feeling that you have ever left them!

Money. Plain and simple. Not only is he pulling cash at the box office because of women, he's also pulling all of the wrestling fans. Sorry, but you always listen to your bank account.

I think he has moved on. His success in Hollywood has proven him right for the job. Even if his acting can use a little more work, the camera loves him enough that it compensates for it. Plus, he really isn't that bad of an actor anyway, just a little less conventional. I think he is mainly going back to wrestling nowadays to show his appreciation and support for the industry that gave him his start. Interesting topic!

He's just moved on to greener pastures is basically what it is. Personally, I think he came back as a favor to try to save the shambles the WWE has become.

This is why I think Cena should win at Wrestle Mania. Cena has always stood by the WWE. The Rock left for a while and came back out of no where. It wouldn't seem right if he was to win. Maybe the movies do pay more. Maybe he just found that movies are more for him.

Back