What's new

Will Nintendo Fall?

well, now a days most programmers are losing money no matter what system: computers, gaming consoles, small electronics. Majority of the softwares you guys make has a free copy floating somewhere. For example, Torrent P2Ps like Bittorrent and Bitlord. I'm pretty sure is the number one factor of piracy, then theres China -Time to find a new career.lol jk

Yeah, but the conclusion from this would be no more video games: If companies were worried about piracy alone, they would stop making games, but obviously enough people are still buying the games. Of course the copy protection schemes in PS and GC can stop some people from making copies, but all this stuff only prevents other people from creating games for the consoles, since you have to invest much, sign NDAs, have them look over your shoulders during development and such. Not pretty! In PC games market, things are different: Everybody can write a game and market it too, if they really want to. Plus, there's lots of free games written by volunteers. If it would be possible to write freeware or shareware for a console, these consoles would have a far bigger market potential; instead, companies are forced to publish new consoles every once in a blue moon, because their market share is dropping. It's their own fault.

For some consoles, there are toy development systems, but they're not the real thing! If I want to bother writing software for a console at all, it has to be a free public developer kit, and no messing around. And I'm not the only one who feels like this.

If they fear competition, then why bother at all? Competition always exists, and it's all the harder the more you try to shut yourself off from the developer scene. That's what they're not realizing. They could be making ten times as much money: Imagine there'd be a vast library of free or cheap software for a console, it would attract more and more customers.

Yea I understand. I didnt say everyone downloads or buys free copies of software. I mean, in "my" opinion, music tracks are the most pirated item all of the world. And yet still they sell their music. They even make popular gadgets that influence piracy in music: MP3 players like IPod. But then again there are still those music loving consumers who would never betray their favoured artist.

Z dude you're back oh man it;s good to see you please don't leave
1,Actally we dod have the highestratedgame which is a 9.5 GTA onlygot a 9.2
2.listen dude so the screen's bigger yeah that make's up for the fact that you have to wait to for a certian movie yet we can have anything we want we don't use thoselittle UMD no we just download any movie or seris or music and games and others
3.Sd memory cards they can whole so much stuff and are easy to use
4.our second slot gives us limitless possiblties just imagine what we could do
5.wow so you do have instant message yeah now compare e-mail to a cellphone people don't pay 1000 dollars for e-mail

6.tilt senstive wow we have that for our GBA and Micro
7.dude our DS download support's like 20 people with one card what can you do with the psp 2 people with just one wow

Dude do you have a schudule i hate fruitless arguements with no logic so thinks for returning

hmmm...

"1,Actally we dod have the highestratedgame which is a 9.5 GTA onlygot a 9.2"

But where did it get 9.2? all i'm saying is its all opinion, which do you prefer, Yoshi or MGS kinda thing.

"2.listen dude so the screen's bigger yeah that make's up for the fact that you have to wait to for a certian movie yet we can have anything we want we don't use thoselittle UMD no we just download any movie or seris or music and games and others"

PSP can do this to, UMD isn't the only way of getting pics/music/movies onto PSP, you can download it all from your PC.

"3.Sd memory cards they can whole so much stuff and are easy to use"

Ooh, so it does have memory. How much do these cards hold? PSP's biggest memory stick so far is 2GB, though they will probably release sticks up to 6GB.

"4.our second slot gives us limitless possiblties just imagine what we could do"

What second slot is this? the PSP has lots of slots....

"5.wow so you do have instant message yeah now compare e-mail to a cellphone people don't pay 1000 dollars for e-mail"

Cellphone doesn't cost 1000 dollars, nor does PSP.

"6.tilt senstive wow we have that for our GBA and Micro"

Not for DS though. and check out the MGA2 goggles i mentioned in that other thread.

"7.dude our DS download support's like 20 people with one card what can you do with the psp 2 people with just one wow"

Multi-play with 1 UMD (much like DS's 1 card multi-play) dosen't just work with 2 players, it supports however many players the game usually supports, for ridge racer that's 8.

~Z~ said:
"1,Actally we dod have the highestratedgame which is a 9.5 GTA onlygot a 9.2"

But where did it get 9.2? all i'm saying is its all opinion, which do you prefer, Yoshi or MGS kinda thing.

"2.listen dude so the screen's bigger yeah that make's up for the fact that you have to wait to for a certian movie yet we can have anything we want we don't use thoselittle UMD no we just download any movie or seris or music and games and others"

PSP can do this to, UMD isn't the only way of getting pics/music/movies onto PSP, you can download it all from your PC.

"3.Sd memory cards they can whole so much stuff and are easy to use"

Ooh, so it does have memory. How much do these cards hold? PSP's biggest memory stick so far is 2GB, though they will probably release sticks up to 6GB.

"4.our second slot gives us limitless possiblties just imagine what we could do"

What second slot is this? the PSP has lots of slots....

"5.wow so you do have instant message yeah now compare e-mail to a cellphone people don't pay 1000 dollars for e-mail"

Cellphone doesn't cost 1000 dollars, nor does PSP.

"6.tilt senstive wow we have that for our GBA and Micro"

Not for DS though. and check out the MGA2 goggles i mentioned in that other thread.

"7.dude our DS download support's like 20 people with one card what can you do with the psp 2 people with just one wow"

Multi-play with 1 UMD (much like DS's 1 card multi-play) dosen't just work with 2 players, it supports however many players the game usually supports, for ridge racer that's 8.
1.IGN gave us a 9.5 and if thats the case then every things opinion but I rather here the opinion of a person who actally plays the game and is fair and who's mean isn't clouded by "kiddy" not that you said it

2.So why the heck do they waste money on UMD movies it seems stupid
3.well SD memory is the wave of the future almost all the next gen games use it so don't try the SD memory cards suck routine
4.the GBA slot we already made a rumble expansion oh and surethe psp has slots a memoryslot USB connecter and a Umd slot but what expainsions have been made
5.I'm not saying that the psp or a cellphone cost 1000 dollars i'm saying that people pay 1000 dollars for cellphones not e-mail which is the highest price i've seen payed for a cellphone so you see the picture cellphone beats e-mail
6.dude it's justa little while if we want wecould just use the GBA slot to play warioware until nintendo makes one by the way those goggles are sweet

7.yeah but thats only what games

"3.well SD memory is the wave of the future almost all the next gen games use it so don't try the SD memory cards suck routine."

How is SD the wave of the future? XD and MS Pro is newer than SD. Actually, all these compact flash is made by individual companies for their own cameras. SD is their own company as is Compact flash. XD is made by Fujifilm and MS Pro is Sony. So far only Compact flash has reached 4.0gb, since it is more advance than other flash memory for they are used professionally in SLR cameras. As for the rest of them, the top is 2.0gb.

Sony has also made an adapter for Compact Flash (MSAC-USM1 Multi-Slot Memory Stick® Adaptor) that is made for photographics purposes, but is compatible with the PSP. If you look it up in the Sony website and look at the compatibility of the adapter you will see.

Sony has also made future plans for a huge 50gb hard drive for next gen PSP. The reason for this is to compete with the IPod. IPod, has started the competition by adding in the IPod Video. They have the technology, but they fear the lost of profit in their MS Pro Duo section.

They should of just made the slot able to use all sorts of flash mem. like SD and XD. That would of been sweet! My dad bought the Location free for his Vaio laptop. SWEET! I used it for my PSP and I can watch TV at school or chilling at Starbuck since they give out free wifi. But seriously its not really worth buying unless you are really into your TV shows. I'm not but it's cool to have that function. No more homebrew for my PSP. :(

Cool, now if PSP had broadband capabilites, then TV ANYWHERE for sure and not just hotspots. Hows the pic quality?

okay...

"1.IGN gave us a 9.5 and if thats the case then every things opinion but I rather here the opinion of a person who actally plays the game and is fair and who's mean isn't clouded by "kiddy" not that you said it"

True, but its still opinion in which you like best. to me and many others GTA:LCS is far better than a karting game.

"2.So why the heck do they waste money on UMD movies it seems stupid"

Yeah, it does seem pretty stupid, i think the main reason is it takes up alot of memory space to put a film onto a mem stick.

"3.well SD memory is the wave of the future almost all the next gen games use it so don't try the SD memory cards suck routine"

I've never heard of them. how much do they actually hold?

"4.the GBA slot we already made a rumble expansion oh and surethe psp has slots a memoryslot USB connecter and a Umd slot but what expainsions have been made"

Quite a few so far. Next up, hopefully out in a few months, will be a mini-keyboard for psp's net and word features.

"5.I'm not saying that the psp or a cellphone cost 1000 dollars i'm saying that people pay 1000 dollars for cellphones not e-mail which is the highest price i've seen payed for a cellphone so you see the picture cellphone beats e-mail"

So? DS isn't a cellphone, nor is PSP, so whats your point? and instant messenger software on PSP isn't email...

"6.dude it's justa little while if we want wecould just use the GBA slot to play warioware until nintendo makes one by the way those goggles are sweet

But will they make one? anyones guess.

No idaea, but i know a few use it. If you have a wireless router you can download software from the net that lets you go online with any psp game.

~Z~ said:
"1.IGN gave us a 9.5 and if thats the case then every things opinion but I rather here the opinion of a person who actally plays the game and is fair and who's mean isn't clouded by "kiddy" not that you said it"

True, but its still opinion in which you like best. to me and many others GTA:LCS is far better than a karting game.

"2.So why the heck do they waste money on UMD movies it seems stupid"

Yeah, it does seem pretty stupid, i think the main reason is it takes up alot of memory space to put a film onto a mem stick.

"3.well SD memory is the wave of the future almost all the next gen games use it so don't try the SD memory cards suck routine"

I've never heard of them. how much do they actually hold?

"4.the GBA slot we already made a rumble expansion oh and surethe psp has slots a memoryslot USB connecter and a Umd slot but what expainsions have been made"

Quite a few so far. Next up, hopefully out in a few months, will be a mini-keyboard for psp's net and word features.

"5.I'm not saying that the psp or a cellphone cost 1000 dollars i'm saying that people pay 1000 dollars for cellphones not e-mail which is the highest price i've seen payed for a cellphone so you see the picture cellphone beats e-mail"

So? DS isn't a cellphone, nor is PSP, so whats your point? and instant messenger software on PSP isn't email...

"6.dude it's justa little while if we want wecould just use the GBA slot to play warioware until nintendo makes one by the way those goggles are sweet

But will they make one? anyones guess.

No idaea, but i know a few use it. If you have a wireless router you can download software from the net that lets you go online with any psp game.

According to Watta SD memory goes up as high as MS Pros 2.0gb. And in "my opinion" the UMD is another way to scam us for more money, or another way for movie producers to gain money from their movies. Since PSP can play movies, why should theatres be the only way of getting money off the movies they make.

hmm...

2.0GB? PSP already has a stick that holds that much and its gonna get better ones soon.

I looked up that compact flash adapter for PSP, it cost $19.99. Compact flash's highest capacity is 4gb but it is also bigger though.... :(

1.tell how many of you friends own it isn't what you said opinion how do you know everyboby likes GTA some love innovation and besides our sales are way higher

2.wow can you say...:bull:

3.you should all next gen systems are using it Sd flash memory.It depends with the DS it holds around 3 movies and a whole ablum and thats on a weak one

4.WOw a keybroad that you have to buy... because it's not built in :rollseyes:

5.Z this is a simple this or that question:Would you rather talk to a friend or send him a letter?

6.yeah sure we can make a tilt expansion:tounge:

7.how many psp games do that

responding to Light...

1)sales in what the category: games or the systems?

2)You can fit more movies for DS b/c the quality for the DS screen do not need high resolution since it cannot handle it.

3)Most other systems are not allowed to use MS Pro or MS Pro Duo since it is a Sony product. Sony made MS for their own purposes. SD is a independent company specializing in flash memory, meaning they make Flash memory for other companies to buy a contract from the to use it. Fujifilm cameras uses XD because they made it and other companies do not have the right to use it unless they get contract rights. Sony can use SD too but there is no purpose since they already have their own Flash memory.

4)Its true you have to buy the keyboard but that goes with everything else with all the gameboys and DS ain't it: Headphones, replacing stylus, cleaning clothes, the Play-Yan, protective case; is it true that you even have to buy the PictoChat software? I remember my friend had to buy an adapter to use his headphones for the headphones he bought for the SP. Have they changed that for the DS, can you use normal headphones now?

5)Email is more important when you are on the run for work and school. I highly doubt my friend is gonna send me my notes for class over the phone. Since I have a G-Mail account it is unlimited storage. (if you want a Gmail account I can give you one I still have invites). Sony is also making a software where you can download files straight from your own computer to you PSP when you are away.

6)The tilt function is cool. That is very innovative. But the PSP goggles look stupid and I'm prettys sure I'm not gonna use that in public.

7)Pretty much all of them have multi-play except Tony Hawk Underground. In Virtua Tennis. I played a four player game.

Off Topic:

I found it funny how ppl say that the PSP is just like the PS2. Well it is! I think that's what Sony meant to do, that is why it is Called PS - "PORTABLE." And not some other new name like PS ummm Rage... (i dunno). But yea. Like their motto says... "(i)Come out and play(/i)

-yea that bothered me about the GBSP too... just to use my headphones I have to buy an adapter, HOW GAY!

in response to light...

"1.tell how many of you friends own it isn't what you said opinion how do you know everyboby likes GTA some love innovation and besides our sales are way higher"

huh? i never said everyone likes GTA.

"2.wow can you say..."

Whats BS? That it takes up alot of space on the stick? cause that's isn't BS...

"3.you should all next gen systems are using it Sd flash memory.It depends with the DS it holds around 3 movies and a whole ablum and thats on a weak one"

Are they? i'll have to take a look.

"4.WOw a keybroad that you have to buy... because it's not built in :rollseyes:"

There is a keyboard built in (duh, otherwise you wouldn't be able to use the internet at all :rolleyes: ) But this is an actual proper keyboard that attaches to the PSP and you tap, which is much faster.

"5.Z this is a simple this or that question:Would you rather talk to a friend or send him a letter?"

Talk to him. Which is exactly what PSP's instant messenger lets you do. I think your confusing IM with email...

"6.yeah sure we can make a tilt expansion:tounge:"

They can, but the question is will they?

"7.how many psp games do that"

I dunno, i don't own them all.

Let me put this lightly the Ds out sells,out ranks'and out rons the psp I don't even consider it on our level so find an SP fan to talk to because the DS is just too good

WOW ... you actually still going on with this arguement? It hasnt been touched for like couple months, heck I don't even remember what I said in the other pages. But I still prefer my PSP! I just got Juiced eliminator for it which is pretty freakin sweet.

Since your such a DS fan, do you have animal crossing? can I come over your town? What kinda fruits do you have? If your up for it I'll give you my FC & etc. tomorrow I'm too lazy to turn it on and see what the actualy code is.

Back