What's new

Windows 10 vs 8 vs 7 vs 95?

ArchLinux

New Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
So what operating system do you prefer?

• Windows 10
- Modern and simplistic incorporates classic and windows 8 features.

• Windows 8
- A modern OS with a total redesign. Made best for tablets and touch devices.

• Windows 7
- Enhanced classic and Vista edition combining new ideas with old.

• Windows 95
- A classic operating system one of the first we copied ideas from for today.

So which is your favourite and why?

Windows 98 i thought was the best , vista wasn't to bad

Since Windows 10 was made to be the latest Windows version, improved upon feedback of older versions, I would go for Windows 10. Though, I quite liked the layout and the concept of Windows 8, it was quite unique after Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Yeah but the thing is 8 was made for more touch screen than PC, it was good in the layout, but i deleted so many apps, so i could run it, it wasn't worth it.

Why go from windows 7 to windows 95? There was a few versions in between.

I suppose Windows 7 was my fav, I havent tried Windows 10 yet.

Windows 7.
Well you should have added windows 8.1 rather than windows 8 in your list. I have heard that it is full of bugs. As for windows 10, it isn't exactly user friendly when we are dealing with browsers..so...I prefer windows 7 :D

I like 7, especially after coming from Vista the last few years. Will never, ever, use 10.

After using Windows 10 for a while, I grow to really enjoy it. It does seem like Windows 7 is the most stable and powerful version. At least Windows 10 combined 7 with 8. Then again I didn't really pay attention to Windows system that much, to be honest.

I really like Windows 10 as it is more modern and advanced in many ways, but if I had a older PC and wanted a 'slim down' version of Windows I'd go with Windows 7.

Maximum said:
I really like Windows 10 as it is more modern and advanced in many ways, but if I had a older PC and wanted a 'slim down' version of Windows I'd go with Windows 7.

In that case, will it better if we upgrade the old PC (the RAM or whatever the term is) so we can use the more modern Windows? I heard cases where Windows 10 is too huge for old version so it becomes slow and buggy.

Mayu said:
Maximum said:

In that case, will it better if we upgrade the old PC (the RAM or whatever the term is) so we can use the more modern Windows? I heard cases where Windows 10 is too huge for old version so it becomes slow and buggy.

Windows 10 should be able to run on a PC with a minimum of 2GB RAM so everything should be good.

Android said:
I've really grown to like Windows 8.1 TBH. It's the best for me.

What I was most uncomfortable about Windows 8 is how it seems to be designed mostly for tablets or maybe phones, but not for PC. Especially the menu.

Windows 7...

Windows 10 is rubbish already used it on my laptop it gives me bunch of crap errors which is insane! Microsoft windows 10 is all broken lol so my PC is windows 7 and I will be staying to windows 7 until maybe Microsoft fixes those stupid errors win10.

Flush said:
Windows 7...

Windows 10 is rubbish already used it on my laptop it gives me bunch of crap errors which is insane! Microsoft windows 10 is all broken lol so my PC is windows 7 and I will be staying to windows 7 until maybe Microsoft fixes those stupid errors win10.

I never had any problems with Windows 10 since installation. Are you sure the computer is okay? Maybe there are other causes.

I'm still stuck on Windows 7 and I still love it. Honestly, I probably won't ever switch.

Back