What's new

Winter is coming, do you wear gloves in the winter?

Do you wear gloves in the winter?

• Yes - all the time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes - not always

• No - never wear them

• Total voters

GoingNova

Peak Forum Legend
PF Member
Reaction score
Winter is just around the corner. Do you wear gloves in the winter?

I seldom wore gloves when I was younger however I do wear them now. I guess the only reason is I sense the cold more now. When your circulation slows down, the cold hurts more than when you are young and healthy!

Will you STOP going around with this "I'm old" stuff?? YOU'RE NOT OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You may be set in your ways and bit stodgy, but not old!!!!

OK - back on topic. I SHOULD wear gloves in the winter (primarily to protect my long nails and manicure!!!), but I find all that winter garb too confining. I never wear hats, either. Now - a nice lap blanket on a long car trip I can do!

Stodgy? I have been called a lot of things before but stodgy! LOL Mrsd. that is a first. Love it. I guess I am going to have to shake that image if I want to play here anymore! LMAO! Too funny!

:wave: :toothy12: :love7: Hahahahaha!! We love you anyway!!!!

Love you back! Then again being the young stud that I am I love all the women. LOL

I have the body temperature of a gecko, and I live in Canada....so, yes, I wear gloves.

A GECKO??!!!?? You guys crack me up!! That's funny, Damm!! I should wear gloves as well - I've had some nerve damage to my hands throughout the years - metal stock room doors swinging shut on my left hand, car accident hurt the right. My hands literally turn white in the winter sometimes and hurt like hell. I just feel strangled in too many winter clothes. Uggs are definitley on my feet, however!!

What are "uggs"? I've never heard that before. Boots? Thick socks?

The cold isn't so bad here in on the Rock, but back in central Canada I wouldn't want to leave the house without a portion of my winter gear.

Sorry about that - Uggs are boots (the are available as slippers and shoes as well) with a thick sherpa lining. They're kind of clunky looking but quite warm and they go with just about everything, except for a ball gown or business suit!! They can be on the expensive side but I can't do without them in the winter. I think they originate from Australia.

I have the slippers! Seldom wear them, only when company stops by; other than that I am in bare feet.

there are times that i walk around outside in subzero weather in shorts and a t-shirt, i do get cold but i still do it, i have run through the snow barefoot, but back to the question at hand, i usually only wear gloves or mittens when i am driving

OK you are trying to quit store bought cigarettes right? Just checking! LOL

Yea I have to wear them.. my hands get really dry and crack and sometimes bleed :( so yeah.. and uggs.. I have seen them.. wouldn't wear them to.. feet get too warm lol

I where gloves in the mornings when waiting for the bus and when lugging wood inside. Other then that the only time i wear gloves in the winter is when I'm skiing...

Maine is so cold. At least keep your hands in your pockets. Too cold for me!

Well those are the only times that i really spend long periods of time outside. So for the most part i'm fine. Although i'm starting to think i'll need to find gloves to where when using the computer this winter. The thermostate is in the other room by the woodstove so this room gets really really cold.

Back