What's new

winter wonderfest navy pier

annpiotrowski

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Took my 20 month granddaughter today to the winter wonderfest at navy pier. It is very pretty and very nice. They had a section for kids under 42" with a few things, which was fine. But to play on anything, bounce house, ball pit they must have a $ 15.00 wrist band. Not happy but bought one for her. Well then I wanted to take her on the carosel and the train, but in order to do that, I had to buy a wrist band for me. This would have been ok except this is not mentioned anywhere on the website

I was there a week ago Friday and that place was awesome. It is free to get into the Winter Wonderfest and so is parking. There is a huge ice skating rink on one side and the rest is filled with bouncie slides and obstacle courses, a few rides, a stage for shows, a few places for photos (like a huge rocking horse and some oversized chairs), wonderfully decorated trees and video game area. The place is filled with Christmas lights and hanging snowflakes. You need wristbands to do the activities - one price for just activities and one price for activities and ice skating. If you go online to buy the tickets you will get a discount. Also, I saw some Pepsi cans that have coupons on them (like the Great America ones). One of the coupons is $10 off wristbands and can be used up until 12/17. Don't know the entire detail so if you are interested go get some Pepsi and read the fine print. We were there only briefly last Friday around 8 pm and it wasn't crowded.

LOVE IT THERE! We usually go on New Year's Eve. It's not too busy then. We are outta there before all the big downtown parties begin.

The cookies are good too! :)

I just saw something early this mornin on NBC5 news about free parking or discounted tix... I haven't looked into it tho. I was there a few years back.. nice/fun place for the kids.

WE went on Friday. It was alot of fun. We didn't get wristbands and they let us on the rides with our Daughter without one.

Well, we had a good time and I will do it again next year, when she is bigger. Again, I have no problem spending the money, just wish I would have known, so I could have purchased the discount tickets on line. And yes, the $ 2.00 for decorating the Sugar Cookie, best two bucks spent!

Back