What's new

Wooden Ruler / Growth Chart

Peacock76

Peak Forum Legend
PF Member
Reaction score
woodenruler1_zps31bf73a5.jpg

This was pretty easy! I used wood for a door jamb, which is like 7' tall & 5" wide. $10 at Menards. I already had stain & used a paint pen for the numbers & a Sharpie for the lines. Definitely an "Under $20" project.

I'm trying to decide if I should transfer my kids' measurements from over the years to this piece or just leave it alone. Originally I thought I would transfer their heights, but now I'm thinking that would look really cluttered.

Either way I am happy with the result. :) The bump out that it is hanging on was a calculation mistake in our kitchen remodel & since it's new drywall, you could see where the screws are starting to pop. I'm probably the only one who noticed it, but it was driving me nuts & this now hides that. :)

great job--really wish my husband would have made the one for me for the party we attended last week. He loved the idea..then never followed through for me--lol ( I was too busy with other things to make it..)

Well maybe he can make on for another gift. :lol: I started mine when I said it was on my "to do" list but just got around to hanging it today. I'm giving it less than 48 hours for the kids to knock it off the wall. :p

Nice work!

I started making one last weekend before the plague hit our house. Hoping to finish tomorrow. Did you freehand your numbers?

I used my cricut, but the contact paper didnt stick to the board very well so the paint leaked. I ended up free handing to clean them up a bit.

Nice job gives me something to do in the future for when my little one starts growing.

Back