What's new

Worst christmas gift?

KG I like those plates. :)

My husband got one of those head lights that a miner would wear....really cheap like it was a kids toy. It was something that he would never use even if it was good quality. Anyways, he put it on his head and turned on the light. It worked for all of two seconds and then stopped working.

That wonderful gift was from his mother. I've thrown out everything that she has ever given me.

Another good one from her is clothes that she sewed for DS's first birthday. They were made from material from the 80's and the shirt didn't even fit over his head.

I'm not expecting much from her this year either. I told DH just to tell her not to get us anything and focus on our son.

KG I like those plates. :)

now I know what you're getting for your birthday next year :snicker:

j/k like I said they grew on me and I like them now.

last year my husband's grandmother gave me a dollar bin VHS movie with the following senitment " I don't give a **** if she likes it or not"

true story. it was her attitude towards me that sucked. you could give me MUD for christmas and i would be happy if it was heartfelt mud. LOL

you could give me MUD for christmas and i would be happy if it was heartfelt mud. LOL

Have you been peeking?! I wrote "Do not open until Christmas!" on the box! :hurt:

My dad (RIP) forgot to sign my birthday card 2 years in a row. He was not elderly or otherwise impaired...apparently after signing my twin sister's cards he just got distracted or whatever and into the envelope went a blank card :pout:

Didn't Barb have a thread like this one? I remember posting about my husband's horrible idea of appropriate gifts: wet/dry vac; fire extinguisher; CO2 alarms; smoke detectors; flatware...I've probably blocked out most of them. When they were given it was always with the comment that it was something that I need! About 8 or so years ago I had a meltdown of Chernobyl proportions and started screaming that I did not want to get one more useful gift from him. or else... Last year's anniversary brought me a new iMac and printer, most gifts now involve certificates to spas. His problem was that his family gave underwear and socks. Most years his parents don't give him anything for birthday or Christmas - which is a good thing given their complete lack of taste or belief in natural fabrics...

One year DH bought me a can of Jewel Coffee! tee-hee.....he worked for a company that packaged coffee and was able to seal my Ruby Ring inside...when I open the package.....I was like Oh, Thank you Dear a can of Coffee....it felt too light....He said, go open it.... oh, me liked! I thought it was a pretty ingenious idea and threw me off the track.

The first gift I ever got from my now ex-dh was flowers on our anniversary. Yellow roses! My favorite!

The year after we got divorced :faint:

Didn't Barb have a thread like this one? I remember posting about my husband's horrible idea of appropriate gifts: wet/dry vac; fire extinguisher; CO2 alarms; smoke detectors; flatware...I've probably blocked out most of them. When they were given it was always with the comment that it was something that I need! About 8 or so years ago I had a meltdown of Chernobyl proportions and started screaming that I did not want to get one more useful gift from him. or else... Last year's anniversary brought me a new iMac and printer, most gifts now involve certificates to spas. His problem was that his family gave underwear and socks. Most years his parents don't give him anything for birthday or Christmas - which is a good thing given their complete lack of taste or belief in natural fabrics...

:lol:

I buy my own gifts from DH, I hand them to them in the bag, he has the kids wrap them, I pretend to be surprised.

The first Christmas first DH & I were married his mother gave me a can of FDS spray...she even spent the $ to mail it from IL to GA...

NO F***ING WAY! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the belly laugh! I have not laughed that hard in a long time!!!!!!!!!!!

The first gift I ever got from my now ex-dh was flowers on our anniversary. Yellow roses! My favorite.

The year after we got divorced :faint:

Was it the wedding anniversary or divorce anniversary? :lol:

The first Christmas first DH & I were married his mother gave me a can of FDS spray...she even spent the $ to mail it from IL to GA...

I am so utterly .....beyond speech.....HOLY ****ING HELL

Back