What's new

Would you consider starting a new forum now with the decline?

Shortie

Expert Talker
Mountaineers
PF Member
Reaction score
It's no secret that forums at the moment are in decline with social media taking the front seat in terms of how people interact and share online now.

With the decline, it has got many people worried about starting a new forum with the worry being that no one would be interested and it would be a waste of time.

If you had an idea for a forum now and could start it right away, would you do it even though there is a big decline?

Yeah I’m considering it, but with free forum software. I doubt I’d attract enough members to be able to successfully monetise such with ads and all that

I reckon I could make a nice little tight-knit community with the likes of TAZ, forum promotion sites and hobby sites that allow site promotions.

Some forums are still powerful, despite the decline. For instance, there is Drummer World, Drum Forum, TDPRI.com (guitar) etc., and we can learn from what they're doing. Well, why do you all think they are doing so well? Are they paying people to keep it going? I doubt it.

Last edited:
Some forums are still powerful, despite the decline. For instance, there is Drummer World, Drum Forum, TDPRI.com (guitar) etc., and we can learn from what they're doing. Well, why do you all think they are doing so well? Are they paying people to keep it going? I doubt it.
This is a question that gets asked a lot and in some cases, there may be some hiring going on to keep activity and content flowing, especially if specific content is difficult for the owner to keep up with consistently with other tasks they will also need to do.

Some communities have for sure built up a great community that runs itself.

Back