What's new

Would you ever attempt to open a pay-to-post forum?

Shortie

Expert Talker
Mountaineers
PF Member
Reaction score
Something I have noticed that seems to be getting a lot of popularity is pay-to-post forums. The owners will pay you based on your activity and also the quality of your activity as well, you can also get penalized and lose earnings if you create low-quality content just to reach the incentive.

A lot of people tend to enjoy using these forums because of the incentive but of course, you would need to invest in the forum first or even be able to monetize your forum before you could pay out.

Would you ever attempt to open a pay-to-post forum?

It could be a good business model, but out of a clear conscience, I would need to be totally honest to members. Well, the whole jist of it is making money from the upgrades and the only members who make real money would come from nations with a high exchange rate.

Oh man what was that one service called? Uuhhhhh, post loop? I know back in the day these did gain traction, but I thought they died out?

Oh man what was that one service called? Uuhhhhh, post loop? I know back in the day these did gain traction, but I thought they died out?
A lot of them have closed. But we do have a few still going.

The Forum Wheel is still running, but it doesn't have many forums. Well, I think they could do better with an expansion of services and more marketing. In fact, I wouldn't mind buying it if I had the cash.

The Forum Wheel is still running, but it doesn't have many forums. Well, I think they could do better with an expansion of services and more marketing. In fact, I wouldn't mind buying it if I had the cash.

Oh man that is another old service, thought that went out along with post loop, guess it's good it is around somewhat?

(Changed my mind.) Pay-Per-Post doesn't seem like a workable business model. I mean, how exactly would it work? It seems like the owner couldn't make a profit.

No, as much as I understand the model, I don't see it as a viable way to build a community. You get people posting, absolutely, but the posting tends to be hollow and generalized, people posting to get a payment. The "feel" of a community is lost, as it's just people responding out of obligation than true interaction. At least in my experience, I could have just been seeing the wrong places.

From what I recently read, the model doesn't work, unless the owner puts up ads to capitalize on all the traffic coming in. That's the end game for the owner. That's how you win.

Yeah they would need high revenue from ads, which you need good content for. You would have to burn a lot of money to hopefully turn any profit.

Yeah they would need high revenue from ads, which you need good content for. You would have to burn a lot of money to hopefully turn any profit.
It could be very doable if you're site is a hub of "pay to post" traffic, but it won't happen for a year or more probably. Do you agree? Why might that be the case?

It could be very doable if you're site is a hub of "pay to post" traffic, but it won't happen for a year or more probably. Do you agree? Why might that be the case?

Still need a large fund to get things going and hoping people buy in to replace the lost funds.

Still need a large fund to get things going and hoping people buy in to replace the lost funds.
Yeah, I definitely needs a large startup, something I don't have now. Well, what do you figure the startup should be? Is it something that is very large?

Of course yes. I really like the idea of the paid to post services and l would not hesitate to launch one when l am ready.

Back