What's new

Wrestling legends who could have been MMA stars

Nice article, not sure i agree with all of the choices but overall a pretty solid list with good reasons.

I have to agree with Germs here. There are some of the choices are questionable. But overall it is an interesting list though. I would of love to see some of them in their prime going to MMA.

I think Batista would have been a beat in the MMA, to bad it fell through. I know Kurt is such a pure wrestler but I'm not sure he would have been worthy of being number one.

I don't agree with much of the list. Kurt Angle, yes, but where's Jack Swagger? He's got a good amateur background so he should make it over guys like the Miz! But Scott Steiner and Rey Mysterio? I'm sorry but Steiner is a roid-freak, and as much as I love Rey Mysterio, he's not going to last in the UFC. Maybe they should make an all-time list instead of a 2002-present so they could include guys like Bret Hart.

This is a terrible list IMHO...but on the bright side, at least he didn't include Hulk Hogan!

I think Kurt Angle and Shelton Benjamin could have taken the best out of themselves if they had switched to UFC. But Miz? I don't think the chap has any talent except for talking trash!

I have to agree with hell2say

Shelton Benjamin and Kurt Angle are almost built for MMA. Same as Benoit.

But the Miz? that's a complete joke. The man has no wrestling talent let alone MMA potential talent.

I definitely agree with Batista and Rey Misterio. Both guys have potential to be a successful MMA fighter. Misterio's athleticism and Batista's strength and wrestling background are a good fit on the league.

Hey this article is a great find, thanks for sharing! I agree with most of the choices, but the ones I like in particular are Kurt Angle and Batista. I'm still waiting on Batista to join MMA until this day. He looks like he would be a scary opponent in the octagon. As for the others, Shelton Benjamin was a great pick and I would never have thought of it.

Hey this article is a great find, thanks for sharing! I agree with most of the choices, but the ones I like in particular are Kurt Angle and Batista. I'm still waiting on Batista to join MMA until this day. He looks like he would be a scary opponent in the octagon. As for the others, Shelton Benjamin was a great pick and I would never have thought of it.

Shelton Benjamin was an awesome pick! Do you remember the time when Kurt Angle had formed a group called Team Angle? He had Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas. Since those days, Shelton had always made me sit and watch in wonder. The day I bowed to Shelton was when he defeated Triple H beyond all the critics and all the pressure on Monday night Raw. Shelton is truly talented, he's something else, but the poor guy hasn't got the opportunity yet.

I have to agree with hell2say

Shelton Benjamin and Kurt Angle are almost built for MMA. Same as Benoit.

But the Miz? that's a complete joke. The man has no wrestling talent let alone MMA potential talent.

I think the most complete joke was when Miz teamed up with R truth. Do you call that a team or a bunch of clowns from a black-and-white circus!

Poor R Truth! He was a better wrestler when he was in TNA. I used to love watching him wrestle with his unique manouvers. But here in WWE he found a joker who turned him into a coal-black hip-hop joker who can't decide when its time to dance and when to wrestle!:rofl:

They should have included John Cena. I think he can out-wrestle those guys in the UFC. He is also agile so I think he can do pretty well if he spend a few months training.

I would not agree The Undertaker to be in the number two spot. I have high respect for The Undertaker but I don't think he would fit on the style of play in MMA. I think he is a little slow and bulky for MMA. MMA champions display very good grappling skills and I don't think The Undertaker has exceptional grappling skills.

I would agree that Kurt Angle should be on top. What more could I say? He is a gold medalist in the Olympics. I think he is the most illegible for MMA fights.

dexterlablab1 is right with benoit. I just forgot about him. Oh Holy God! What a wrestler! The man was always **** serious about the business. He was a true wrestler. He looked quite small, but did great wonders. Sad thing that he died quite early!

I think the most complete joke was when Miz teamed up with R truth. Do you call that a team or a bunch of clowns from a black-and-white circus!

Poor R Truth! He was a better wrestler when he was in TNA. I used to love watching him wrestle with his unique manouvers. But here in WWE he found a joker who turned him into a coal-black hip-hop joker who can't decide when its time to dance and when to wrestle!:rofl:

R truth was better when he was K-Quick during his first tenure with the WWE (before his TNA days).

But honestly, ANY wrestler from Stu hart's dungeon or that was trained by Boris Malenko (Dean Malenko's father) would be very adaptable to MMA. As long as you're a wrestler with technique, you MIGHT be good at MMA.

Back