What's new

WTH is "comedyoke"?

Papa Deuce

Emerging Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I just saw a restaurant sign that reads "Tuesday Night Comedyoke."

Is that just stand up comedy?

It sounds like an open mic night for amateur comedians.

It is a form of karaoke for stand up comedy.
You literally read the jokes off the screen the same way you do music karaoke.

You can even buy a starter set of discs that come with a cheezy background wall poster with the image of a red-vrick wall with the classic circleof a spotlight.

It's all about your t-t-t-t .... t-...timing.

(Just don't buy them from Soundchoice because those people have no sense of humor!)

I'm secretly working on mimeyoke, ....so don't let the word out.

DJ Cam said:
Sounds really bad. I been trying to book a Guitaraoke night. Just can't get anyone to bite yet.

http://www.audio-stream-karaoke.com/guitaraoke.cfm?RefID=593

This would be bad **** to do with a cool guitar collection.

You're a masochist, aren't you? It would be the equivalent of a karaoke collection consisting of nothing but PBTDL, American Pie and American trilogy.

Four hours of weedly-weedly-weedly-weeeeeeee, by clueless ****ers that know five notes and haven't the foggiest notion of how to use them. Ugh.

Moonrider said:
You're a masochist, aren't you? It would be the equivalent of a karaoke collection consisting of nothing but PBTDL, American Pie and American trilogy.

Four hours of weedly-weedly-weedly-weeeeeeee, by clueless ****ers that know five notes and haven't the foggiest notion of how to use them. Ugh.

I think your wrong if it was promoted correctly you would get good guitarist.

Cam,

Book an open mic night! Generally most of the performers who show up are pretty decent, but like karaoke there will be a few that aren't!

Back