What's new

Your opinion about girls' bathing suits

Since the original question was in regards to children and bathing suits (not Muslims, Jews, Catholics, fundamentalist Baptists, Duggars, popes, cardinals, cubs, sox, I think Mel Gibson came in at one point)....

My daughter wears a short sleeved sun shirt and skort, courtesy of Lands End. She dresses modestly, protects herself from the sun, and covers a very large surgical scar on her abdomen. All win wins.

Since the original question was in regards to children and bathing suits (not Muslims, Jews, Catholics, fundamentalist Baptists, Duggars, popes, cardinals, cubs, sox, I think Mel Gibson came in at one point)....

My daughter wears a short sleeved sun shirt and skort, courtesy of Lands End. She dresses modestly, protects herself from the sun, and covers a very large surgical scar on her abdomen. All win wins.

Sounds cute. How old is your daughter?

My DD who is 5 wears 2 pieces but they are tankini ones. It does show a tiny bit of her belly when she lifts her arms and the shorts are boy shorts (a little shorter than board shorts) When she gets a little older, she'll probably be in 1 pieces.

I wasn't talking about all Catholics or all Cardinals. I named 2 sleazeballs, who happen to be Catholic. They also happen to be white and male.

Bernie Law would be considered a pig or prick whether he was Catholic, Jewish, Buddhist or atheist. He does not get a pass or respect because he is a Cardinal or a Catholic, because he of his behavior & actions over the years. Ask the hundreds of adults who were molested in the Boston area while under his watch what they think of him. Even Bill O'Reilly thinks he belongs in prison:
http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Bi...-in-jail-for-pedophile-cover-up-90422259.html

Mel Gibson is a prick too. For the record, Mel Gibson doesn't even recognize the current occupant of the Vatican, or any Pope since Vatican II as the legitimate leader of the Catholic Church. I'd expect Catholics to bash Mel as a heretic, not defend him.

You are too defensive and take any criticism of any Catholic as an attack against you. That is your choice, it was/is not my intent.

interesting .... do you think everyone who defends their faith here is too defensive and taking the criticism as a personal attack?..... cause you know, it's not always easy to tell what someone's intent was ...... or did you just mean Joan?

I have to ask (if you don't mind...) what's the scar from?
My daughter has one from a Diaphragmatic Hernia................

interesting .... do you think everyone who defends their faith here is too defensive and taking the criticism as a personal attack?..... cause you know, it's not always easy to tell what someone's intent was ...... or did you just mean Joan?
Everyone? No.

All this talk about clothes is too much IMO. So if someone thinks a particular outfit looks like a Hefty bag so what? Someone can say my Pastor's Sunday outfit looks like a marshmallow and I wouldn't give a ****.

To me those suits are pretty stupid looking for water but I do understand the purpose for those who do want to wear them. Me thinking the suits look silly does not reflect my views on a particular religion.

Oh and so the person did not use the exact word some might like, but I'm guessing her point was similar to mine.

Some words mean more to others than some......a little room needs to be made when reading comments online........thought we all knew this by now.

Everyone? No.

I guess it would be helpful if posts clearly indicated intent to criticize; maybe then these threads wouldn't be so long.

You're right Joan. In general, the Catholic faith is fair game for being attacked. Not to say there aren't issues ..... of course there are. But I will not be ashamed of who I am and the Lord I believe in because of some bad people who did horrible things. I'm not ashamed of being Polish either and how often do you hear people tell Polish jokes and everyone thinks that's ok too...

I guess it would be helpful if posts clearly indicated intent to criticize; maybe then these threads wouldn't be so long.

You're right Joan. In general, the Catholic faith is fair game for being attacked. Not to say there aren't issues ..... of course there are. But I will not be ashamed of who I am and the Lord I believe in because of some bad people who did horrible things. I'm not ashamed of being Polish either and how often do you hear people tell Polish jokes and everyone thinks that's ok too...

I'm the "57" - the Rare breed!!! :bowing:

All this talk about clothes is too much IMO. So if someone thinks a particular outfit looks like a Hefty bag so what? Someone can say my Pastor's Sunday outfit looks like a marshmallow and I wouldn't give a ****.

To me those suits are pretty stupid looking for water but I do understand the purpose for those who do want to wear them. Me thinking the suits look silly does not reflect my views on a particular religion.

Oh and so the person did not use the exact word some might like, but I'm guessing her point was similar to mine.

Some words mean more to others than some......a little room needs to be made when reading comments online........thought we all knew this by now.

You know my first thought was the big **** giant marshmallow man from Ghostbusters right??? :lol:

Thanks for the laugh :)

So 3 Polish guys walk into a bar......kidding, I got nothin just being a smartass :) :) :)

I'm greek and a mix of whatever else.......plus I have a ****-ton of kids-give me what you got :lol:

I don't really claim religion. Having said that our daughter will have to live on her own before she will own a two piece, short shorts/skirts, halter tops and stomach showing anything. Call us uptight or whatever but we like to keep her clothing modest.

I'm curious, for those that are insisting on very modest suits for your daughters, what did you wear to the beach or pool as a teen? Or in your 20s?

I'm curious, for those that are insisting on very modest suits for your daughters, what did you wear to the beach or pool as a teen? Or in your 20s?

One piece, which is what she wears.

Back