What's new

All About Movies

luvagreatdeal

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
Starting this up and hoping others will follow along.

Name a movie you've seen lately and let us know if you liked it or not. Can be in the theaters or Redbox or at the library. I'm thinking this might help others decide if they want to see a movie in the theater or wait until it comes out on Redbox. Or, maybe if someone is at the Redbox, this can help them decide if they want to see something or not.

I was at the Redbox yesterday trying to get a movie with the free code and I couldn't decide what I wanted. This was partly because I didn't know half the movies there and I don't go to many movies either. I was thinking how nice it would be if I had a recommendation to at least point me towards something.

So last night we rented "Snow White and the Huntsman" and it was alright but not great. If I had to rate it, I'd give it maybe 2 1/2 stars.

Kristen Stewart is a terrible actress but Chris Hemsworth is easy on the eyes. Charlize Theron's talents were wasted in the movie IMO.

Kristen Stewart is a terrible actress

No true-er-er-er words have ever been spoken!

How she is a millionaire for her acting I will never know....................mebbe I should start trying out for parts. :9:

To me, the best part of Snow White and the Huntsman was shown in the commericals. I kept waiting for more and never got it.

We saw Hotel Transylvania last week and loved it. The constant one liners held your attention.

The last movie I saw in a theater was "Moneyball" Really enjoyed it, and I'm generally not much of a Brad Pittperson...

No true-er-er-er words have ever been spoken!

How she is a millionaire for her acting I will never know....................mebbe I should start trying out for parts. :9:

My DH calls her "constipation girl." :lol: Every time she tries to act dramatic, she does something to her face and it makes it look like she's constipated. I never even noticed until he mentioned it to me, but now I see exactly what he is talking about.

Even so, I'll still go see the last Twilight movie when it comes out next month. My GF and I have gone to all of them together so I can't let her down now.

To me, the best part of Snow White and the Huntsman was shown in the commericals. I kept waiting for more and never got it.

We saw Hotel Transylvania last week and loved it. The constant one liners kepted your attention.

I thought about taking my kids to see that one. Is it age appropriate for a 7yo and 5 yo?

I picked up "All About Eve" at the library last week. Betty Davis, Anne Baxter, (+ early Marilyn Monroe)... It won Best Picture in 1950. It's one of those old films that has acting good enough for you to not notice its age very much. Recommended...

We saw Prometheus at the drive in not too long ago, and just bought it on blu ray. We are big "Aliens" fans, and like sci fi too, so we really enjoyed it. Definitely one that will freak you out and make you jump! Just watched the descent 2 on amazon prime. That one was not very good, but ok for free!

The last movie I saw in a theater was "Moneyball" Really enjoyed it, and I'm generally not much of a Brad Pittperson...

:shesaid: I've read the book, and the movie was a lot better than I thought it would be.

We got The Fighter from the library and truly enjoyed it. I could see why Christian Bale won an Oscar for that.

So last night we rented "Snow White and the Huntsman" and it was alright but not great. If I had to rate it, I'd give it maybe 2 1/2 stars.

Kristen Stewart is a terrible actress but Chris Hemsworth is easy on the eyes. Charlize Theron's talents were wasted in the movie IMO.

I wanted it to be good since that's the direction it SHOULD have gone in. Nothing like the stereotypical disney garbage-o that came out around the same time.

Speaking of William Holden...

"Picnic"
"Bridge Over The River Kwai"
"Love Is A Many Splendored Thing"

<drool>

I thought about taking my kids to see that one. Is it age appropriate for a 7yo and 5 yo?

Main focus of the movie is a dad trying to keep his daughter sheltered from the outside world. This includes in love but it is all handled in a funny and respectful manner.

I think it is age appropriate but it might move a bit fast for them to catch it all. That is the part you will enjoy. Visually they will be able to relate and they should recognize all the characters.

It's been around forever, but one of my favorite movies ever is "The Princess Bride" and no matter how crummy I feel, I always feel better after I see it. Cary Elwes is easy on the eyes too.

I picked up "All About Eve" at the library last week. Betty Davis, Anne Baxter, (+ early Marilyn Monroe)... It won Best Picture in 1950. It's one of those old films that has acting good enough for you to not notice its age very much. Recommended...

True to stereotype, I LOVE it...

557742735071656383_3W0Ox4bR_c.jpg

It's gonna be a bumpy night!

DH, DD11 and I went and saw Hotel Transylvania last weekend. I will admit that I had not seen any previews and didn't have any idea what the movie was about, but it just looked like it was going to be a snore. Very much the opposite was true though. We all enjoyed the movie. All of the characters were well done, love trying to figure out who the voices are. I feel it would be appropriate for the 5 and 7 year olds.

I love old movies, I think I'll go to the library and check it out!

I couldn't agree more.

I rented Permetheous (sp?) for dh tonight. I don't have any interest but will give it a shot. reviews to follow.

not a new movie but Water for Elephants is AMAZING.

The Avengers gets 3.5 out of 5 stars for me.

Speaking of older films you could probably get at the library--Wait Until Dark, starring Audrey Hepburn as the "world's champion blind lady" is probably my favorite horror film. I've probably seen it 15 times. There are no surprises here for me, but there's still a scene that makes me audibly shriek. Good stuff...

57913545178801391_NrAnOS3v_c.jpg

It's been around forever, but one of my favorite movies ever is "The Princess Bride" and no matter how crummy I feel, I always feel better after I see it. Cary Elwes is easy on the eyes too.

and again, I couldn't agree more!!

how about robin hood: men in tights? :lol:

Back