What's new

All About Movies

Yeah, I had *no idea* what the movie was about. Never even heard of it, so it was a total surprise. DH went a little nuts with the DVR recently. :p

On the other hand, whatever that Sarah Palin movie is was hilarious.

Red boxed Dark Shadows. 2 thumbs down. The commercials showed it as a comedy and what you saw in the commercials was about the only comedy.
At one point your left wondering how and why and it just does not make sense.

Anyone else see it?

Saw "Mirror, Mirror" recently ... it wasn't as bad as I thought but that doesn't mean that it was good either.

Borrow it at the library because even a dollar at the Redbox is too much to pay IMO.

On the other hand, whatever that Sarah Palin movie is was hilarious.
...with Julianne Moore, she probably should have won an emmy for that

Some things...

Iron Man 3 (woooo, still don't like Cheadle though)

-they're making:

• Ted 2
  • Despicable Me 2
  • Star Trek II
  • another F&F (#6)
  • Lone Ranger (another late one)
  • new version of Robocop
  • prequel to 300 (I want to see that, the "previous" was a blood bath)
  • Thor 2
  • remake of 20000 Leagues Under The Sea (the first one was bad enough)
  • Anchorman 2 (again, late, but still good)
  • ghetto remake of Annie
  • Austin Powers 4 (why?)
  • Bridesmaids 2
  • The Incredible Burt Wonderstone (looks good)
  • Cleopatra (with Angelina Jolie, nuff said)
  • movie version of Hitchcock
  • Flamingo Thief
  • The Great Gatsby (want to see it)
  • fictional one based on Houdini (dear lord don't pick any of the punk "magicians" of today)
  • likely Pirates of the Caribbean 5
  • Tron 3
  • Yogi Bear 2
-a film called "Diana" is also in the works (may be late on that one)
-why on earth are they remaking Carrie???
-Argo should be one to see
-noooooooo! they're re-doing Dirty Dancing!?

We went to the movies Wednesday and saw Paranormal Activity 4. It was probably the worst out of the 4, but had some good jumpy parts and the ending was pretty good.

We saw Hotel Transylvania a couple of weeks ago at the movies. Theaters were packed when we saw it. Everyone from dd5 to dh enjoyed the movie. I would recommend it. I rented Obama 2016 on Amazon a week or so ago because I had a credit to spend. I am not an Obama supporter at all and I like political documentary type movies. I liked the movie. My ds12 also watched it and liked it too. Someone mentioned Argo in another post and said it was good. I read a review for it today in World Magazine and it got a good review.

Watching Magic Mike now, aside from the eye candy it's pretty bad.

Took the kids to see fun size, they laughed at quite a bit of it. So I was happy we choose that one.

Red boxed Dark Shadows. 2 thumbs down. The commercials showed it as a comedy and what you saw in the commercials was about the only comedy.
At one point your left wondering how and why and it just does not make sense.

Anyone else see it?

The box said it was a comedy too. I guess it could be called a dark comedy. We let my DD11 watch it with us. It was PG13. Afterward, she told me it wasn't very funny and maybe she would have liked it and understood it better if she was like 20. ( I am like 39 and didn't like it or understand it better!)

Gaslight was a good old movie, Arsenic & Old Lace is one of my favorites so much that we went to see the play a few years back which was great.
Wait Until Dark scared me also but good movie

this classic film was recently recommended to me by a friend. I'm going to see if my library has it.

The title of the original play has even moved into psychology to describe the actions of a person who tries to manipulate others' perceptions of what has happened. Gaslighting as a form of emotional manipulation is on wikipedia: link

this classic film was recently recommended to me by a friend. I'm going to see if my library has it.

The title of the original play has even moved into psychology to describe the actions of a person who tries to manipulate others' perceptions of what has happened. Gaslighting as a form of emotional manipulation is on wikipedia: link[/QUOTE]

Wow....that is interesting! I never knew there was a name for that!

oops, I got that wrong. wikipedia actually calls it psychological abuse. potato, potahto. I still wanna see the movie.

oops, I got that wrong. wikipedia actually calls it emotional abuse. potato, potahto. I still wanna see the movie.

Yeah, my DH actually learned about it recently and said it is some really heavy ****. Like the process of breaking someone down and making them think they are crazy.

We saw Watch - not what we expected AT ALL but pretty funny. Less so as the movie went on, though.

Back