What's new

Another question...

I have been to
France, England, Spain, Switzerland, and italy

I'm from Asia and have been to different Asian cities ~ Beijing, Shanghai, HongKong, Singapore, Brunei, Seoul, Bangkok, Chiang-mai.

Non Asian countries I've visited are: NSW Sydney and Melbourne, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa

I have been to 40 states of the USA and would like to see the other states I have not visited.

I was an exchange student in Germany and visited Italy, Austria and France while I was there. I have also gone to Canadia, Mexica and the Bahamas.

I've only been to Canada where Niagra Falls are. It was the most beautiful place I have ever seen.

I traveled most part of Asia the backpacking style with another loner friend, actually, we would like to travel on our own, but everyone told us it's not safe to do so.

Lee, have you ever been to Mongolia? How about Beijing? We have a 20 hour layover in Beijing so we're hoping to get Chinese visas in Mongolia so we can leave the airport.

Lee, have you ever been to Mongolia? How about Beijing? We have a 20 hour layover in Beijing so we're hoping to get Chinese visas in Mongolia so we can leave the airport.

No to Mongolia.

Beijing yes. But it was more than 10 years ago, Beijing has changed so much in the last decade, I don't think I can recognize her if I visit again. In early 90s, it's hard to find public washroom and there are no doors to the washrooms! We used an umbrella to cover when we used the washrooms, but the local women didn't!
My parents went to Beijing 3 years ago and last year again, things have changed so much even within the last three years. Beijing is quite modern now, I don't think you would have problem traveling around. Just try not to arrive or visit during major Chinese holidays, half of the people will be on the roads and the crowds at the airports/train/bus stations can be crazy!

No to Mongolia.

Beijing yes. But it was more than 10 years ago, Beijing has changed so much in the last decade, I don't think I can recognize her if I visit again. In early 90s, it's hard to find public washroom and there are no doors to the washrooms! We used an umbrella to cover when we used the washrooms, but the local women didn't!
My parents went to Beijing 3 years ago and last year again, things have changed so much even within the last three years. Beijing is quite modern now, I don't think you would have problem traveling around. Just try not to arrive or visit during major Chinese holidays, half of the people will be on the roads and the crowds at the airports/train/bus stations can be crazy!

Yeah, I think they changed a lot for the olympics. I hope that July 8-9 are not holidays!

I've been to England, Scotland, Germany, Japan, Brazil, Poland, the Czech Republic, and Hungary. Outside of the US, my favorite cities were Edinburgh, Scotland and Krakow, Poland. Both had gorgeous architecture.

The Polish people had an amazing national spirit, too....they'd show you buildings and say, "Yep, the Germans bombed the hell out of us there. The Russians bombed us over there....but no sense complaining. We picked ourselves up and rebuilt everything to look just like it did before." And the had these ugly Communist era buildings....but loads of flowers overflowing from window boxes. That really stands out in memory about Poland....flowers everywhere. Beautiful.

Best food was Brazil...rodezio grills!! And the fruit there was amazing. I still think about the pineapple and bananas....and green coconuts on the beach. It was also the poorest country I've seen, in my limited experience. Hands down, it beat the worst I had seen before...made the crappiest parts of Harlem look like a paradise. It had its wealthy areas, though, too.

I been to Canada, England, France, and Poland. Honeymooned in the Virgin Islands. I have to agree with the poster above. Krakow is such a beautiful city with the cobblestone streets and the old gothic and romansque style churches and castles. My husband has family in southern Poland and I have to spend a couple days in Krakow to shop and tour some of these sites.

I also loved Paris. Versailles is so beautiful, big, and extravagant. No wonder the French revolted against the monarchy at the time.

Back