What's new

Anyone on the East coast watching Irene?

Tazz - tornado warning for some western jersey counties - not sure where you are near - flooding already along the Delaware

Tornado warning for the 6 flag area in NJ. And from NHC 11pm Update: Irene remains changed little from last update. Hurricane winds at the surface remain at 80mph sustained. Hurricane force winds now extend 125 miles out from the center vs 90 with the last update. Tropical Storm winds extend 240 miles from the center. It's important to note that wind speed increases quickly as you head up so if you are in a high rise building winds can be 20-30% higher then at the surface...The next update from the NHC will be at 2a.

I think I'm going to head to bed. Not sure if I'm actually gonna go to sleep or just continue to watch this ridiculous coverage on tv.

NIGHT NIGHT JOANIE!! I am right behind ya….

And by that I mean I am going to bed too! :lol:

Just realized something I forget to do earlier :dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:

Pay or schedule to pay bills online early in case of extended power/internet outages.

Just paid everything due through Sept 8.

Can't sleep. It's bad out. SIL called at 11:40 pm and she had no power for a long time. Told her to come over here but she was too scared to drive over.

Yeah, no sleep here either. So far we still have power and my parents do too. I cant wait for sunrise, i know the storm wont be over yet, but sitting through this in the dark is miserable!

Tornado warning for queens and brooklyn just went up.

Hope you are all able to get some rest...stay safe and update us when you can

Good luck everyone. It is finally raining here this morning, but the worst will come early monday morning. Take care:)

I'm sorry you guys had a rough night. Hang in there! Hope the power stays on for you and try to get some sleep.

Good luck everyone. It is finally raining here this morning, but the worst will come early monday morning. Take care:)
Not til Monday?? wow thats a long time, but maybe it will slow down by then. Hopeing & praying for all

:morning:

I ended up falling asleep pretty quickly last night. It was raining but the winds weren't too bad. I woke up a couple of times during the night and finally got up about an hour ago.

Huge puddles in my backyard and one branch is standing straight up in the grass but other than that, just lots of leaves down.

Chloe, like the old pro that she is, went out and peed without issue this morning. Sophie was a bit more stubborn. We both stood out in the backyard for about 15 minutes under cover waiting for her to pee. She ran around the backyard twice but didn't pee. So I brought her inside and stuck her in the crate until I could go upstairs and get sneakers an a raincoat on and put her on a leash and she eventually peed. :hiphip: A few minutes later she decided the living room was a great place to crap. :surrender:

Power flickered a few times when I was making breakfast but so far it's hanging on. :hiphip:

It's raining and breezy but it doesn't seem too bad.

I'm bored so here are a few pics.

This first one is of my neighbor's tree that she staked down - just in case.

wjfddl.jpg

And this is the view of my backyard and my neighbors. Lots of puddling but nothing major.

2hdt8py.jpg

Back