What's new

Best Dunker?

ukfan41

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Who is the most creative or electrifying jammer you have ever seen?

Vince Carter. He had the best combination of grace, creativity and vertical leap. He could put down any kind of dunk and look good doing it. I don't think there are many guys who come close.

Vince Carter. He had the best combination of grace, creativity and vertical leap. He could put down any kind of dunk and look good doing it. I don't think there are many guys who come close.

My favorite also. That dunk he had over the 7 foot guy in the olympics was probably the best dunk I have ever seen in a game.

Hmm, if I had to choose somebody else besides Vince, which seems like the norm, I might actually go with Jason Richardson. His windmills are underratedly sick and I suspect he's the reason that between-the-leg dunks have now become the cool thing to do.

Vince Carter, Michael Jordan, and Blake Griffin are my top three picks for best dunker. If you youtube any of their dunks, be prepared to see monstrous actions:D.

Vince Carter was the man. He would dunk on anything that moves :)

Hmm, if I had to choose somebody else besides Vince, which seems like the norm, I might actually go with Jason Richardson. His windmills are underratedly sick and I suspect he's the reason that between-the-leg dunks have now become the cool thing to do.

I've debated this many times and I can't see an argument against Vince Carter. The single greatest dunker the game has ever seen.

Unfortunately one of the biggest underachievers the game has ever seen. I think Vince had the talent to be a top ten player in the league. He can shoot from the outside, dribble, and score from pretty much anywhere on the court. I guess he didn't have the drive or motivation to be a great player, nor does he play good defense.

I've debated this many times and I can't see an argument against Vince Carter. The single greatest dunker the game has ever seen.

Unfortunately one of the biggest underachievers the game has ever seen. I think Vince had the talent to be a top ten player in the league. He can shoot from the outside, dribble, and score from pretty much anywhere on the court. I guess he didn't have the drive or motivation to be a great player, nor does he play good defense.

I've always thought that he had a lazy way of playing, always taking his time, from the crossover to the jump-shot, but regardless, he never had the chance to play on a great team, that had a solid lineup.
If you remember his times at Toronto, man that team was bad, then he got old, and lazy

It's hard to argue against Lebron even though I dislike him.. His leaping ability is unmatched and he throws it down with power. He's more than capable of being flashy too but usually chooses not to.

Vince Carter and Blake Griffin.

I think Amare in his PHX Suns days was also a powerful dunker.

That's the better question, who's the 2nd best dunker of all time? I'll say Shawn Kemp. I like Dominique but his dunks were usually the same. Aslo good ones are Dr.J, MJ, Clyde, and Kobe.

In the past, Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Kobe with his reverses, Michael Jordan (obviously). Plenty more but those are from the top of my head.

After Vince Carter when he was with the Raptors, I'd say Blake Griffin. The time he went above the rim and threw the ball down into it was magnificient display of dunking that was way ahead of its time. He surpassed any dunk to date and entered the next generation. The look on Amare's face was absolutely priceless.

Vince Carter, Richardson, Webb, Wilkins, Jordan, James, Drexler, and Dr. J are the most notable dunkers of basketball.

Well I think it is Vince Carter for sure and I consider him the greatest dunker of all time. I still remember that 2000 slam dunk comeption where he took it a completely new level and the judges were jumping over the desk to congratulate him.

I think Jason Richardson was good too and his dunks when he won the competition were good. Other notable mentions would be Dwight Howard ( for sheer presence and some awesome dunks ), Nate Robinson for pulling of some great dunks wth his height disadvanatage.

I watched an old slam dunk competition from 2000 last night.. have to change my opinion to V. Carter after that..

I watched an old slam dunk competition from 2000 last night.. have to change my opinion to V. Carter after that..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMrPjl-927Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMrPjl-927Q[/ame]

Best.Dunk.Ever

Best dunker in the league? I would have to say Lebron James. He has insane athletic ability. I feel that very few are able to match up to what he does. Hopefully he goes far this year with the playoffs, maybe even win it all.

No Doubt Vince Carter. He was just really amazing and do fly high like no other else. Too bad the injuries ended those vincanity and half man half amazing era. I just miss his highlights.

Back