What's new

Best FTP Client

Prox

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
Ok, Im wondering what the best FTP client is. So what do you guys use.

I personally use CuteFTP Pro.
Simple interface, lots of neat options, but it's payware. There is a non-pro shareware version that's also neat, but doesn't have all of the bells and whistles of the Pro version. However, it has more features than many other FTP clients.

I've also used several others that I'd recommend.
SmartFTP is a nice simple FTP client that has a ton of features for a freeware app.
BulletProof FTP is very popular, has a fairly simple interface, but is very feature-rich.
I've also used Hummingbird FTP, which basically makes the FTP session look like Windows Explorer, which means it's simple for drag and drop, and the like. However, it was part of an expensive suite of networking tools, and I don't know if it's cheap or even available by itself. Given the choice, I'd go for one of the others anyway. I don't care for the "Explorer"-like interface, but that's purely personal preference.

I would not recommend WS_FTP. I don't care for the interface, and while the LE version is free, it's extremely feature-limited. In terms of freeware, you'd be better off with SmartFTP.
You'd probably be much better off with any of the others, but it comes down to registering the one you're most comfortable with.

BPFTP is god.
At the moment, I use FlashFXP, but it's pretty annoying.

Go with BPFTP.

Hmmm, since im very used to cuteftp, im gonna try the pro version. Thanks for the advise dan

Just so you know, the interface for BPFTP is so close to that of CuteFTP, there's almost no learning curve.
Pretty much can take your pick between the two.

Given that, I chose CuteFTP Pro because of the differences in the Pro version. 95% of the time, most people will never need the extra features of the Pro version.

im loving the multiple transfers that im doing with the pro, i have like 4 files uploading to a server all at once

i currently use flashfxp but i too recommend bpftp if flash isnt your thang ;)

how anyone could find flashfxp of any use boggles me...

Originally posted by Learning To Fly
how anyone could find flashfxp of any use boggles me...

whaaaaaaaaat?
its EXTREMELY useful and highly customizable
i disliked it for about 2 days then started to love it

*smack smack* ;)

Flash rules, it's really come a long way..

I used flash for years, it helped me back in the naughtier days. ;)

However, I now have a preference for CuteFTP Pro right now.

Originally posted by Alien
Flash rules, it's really come a long way..

I used flash for years, it helped me back in the naughtier days. ;)

However, I now have a preference for CuteFTP Pro right now.

naughtier days? alien was naughty . . . cool

Just got ahold of CuteFTP Pro 2.0.
So far, no significant difference between 2.0 and 1.0. A couple of options tweaks, and the ability to use SSL, but that's about it.

FTP Software

Can anyone recommend me a software for transferring file to a server. I mean I want ftp client to upload files to a server which is very easy to understand and navigate.

I want something by which I can upload whole folder at a time.

FTP Software

I am using flashfxp and it works really well and its having all the requirements you are having. It also provides full folder upload and resume facily to upload large files too.

FTP Software

im using CuteFTP and SmartFTP so far its nice... buts its Trial version.. im hoping to get a Full Version of it

FTP Software

File Zilla is the best Ftp software which Iknow and most of the corporate people even use this software.

FTP Software

thedudleys said:
coffecup is the biggest one that i ever heard about...

:D

is it good and free??? i was hoping to get a free ftp..

Back