What's new

Beyonce Admits She's Not So Good At Karaoke

jokerswild

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Beyonce Admits She's Not So Good At Karaoke
Posted March 23, 2009

Beyonce Knowles admits she wants to be a Guitar Hero, so much so that Nintendo has chosen her to be a spokesperson for its new karaoke game for Nintendo DS, “Rhythm Heaven.” She will join the ranks of other female celebrities that have endorsed Nintendo games in the past such as Liv Tyler, Carrie Underwood and Lisa Kudrow.

Nintendo execs should very pleased with her sincere endorsement since she has already been quoted by the media openly reminiscing about the Nintendo games that she grew up on like Tetris and Super Mario Brothers. The big news is that she loves to play Guitar Hero, all the Wii games, even “BrickBreaker” on her Blackberry, and in a strange twist, she admits in an interview with Entertainment Weekly that she is absolutely perplexed as to why she does not score well on karaoke video games featuring Destiny’s Child music. She says “Its so funny because I don’t get great scores, I’m like, How is that Possible?”

Rhythm Heaven is a collection of games for the Nintendo DS that require players to tap on their screen to the beat of the music Nintendo’s release date for the game is April 5.

3 note wonder with minimal lyrics in any of her songs duh go figure.

she can't sing in the first place...what would make her think she could do karaoke

She can't sing or act but yet Forbes has her on the list of the youngest millionaires under 30. She raked in 87 million last year. I just don't get it.

I think that she is a great example of the fact that the public has been conditioned to accept average and made to think average is the new great.

lol and in rehearsal they mime songs anyway

even the best do all the time

Are you guys deaf?

Have you seen the movie Cadillac Records? She does a great job singing, and acting in that....

Beyonce can sing.....you guys have just heard crappy pop songs from her lately....

Are you guys deaf?

Have you seen the movie Cadillac Records? She does a great job singing, and acting in that....

Beyonce can sing.....you guys have just heard crappy pop songs from her lately....

With a body like that, I really could careless if she can sing. :sqbiggrin:

*ducks* :sqeek:

Are you guys deaf?

I didn't see that one because she was in it...but just to be the devil's advocate...how do we know she can actually sing...with all the processing that goes on in today's music anyone can be made to sound good.

BTW...I thought she was complete junk for acting the first time I saw her in Goldmember.

To be honest with you, I was reluctant to see it because of her playing Etta James too. The movie is pretty darn good, and entertaining as hell. Check it out!

How do we really know anyone can sing? I guess you have to see/hear it live, to be sure. I know some people definitely have their off days (ie Kevin Rudolph, Brooks N Dunn, Rascal Flatts, etc)....

I guess unless you have at least worked in a studio setting you will never know what it takes to be a "singer" I do not care how much processing or vocal effects how much pitch correction you use etc. YOU CAN NOT MAKE A BAD SINGER SOUND GOOD!

Have any of you guys actually ever listened to Beyounce sing? The girl has a great set of pipes!

I have had some "nationally known" singers sing karaoke through my system and everyone of them has said that doing Karaoke is perhaps the hardest thing they have ever done when it comes to singing!

I have private recordings of some of the "Statler Brothers" group, "Reba McEntire", "Keith Urban" and others who have sung at either my shows or private events that I have done. Reba, Harold and Don as well as Jimmy sang at Jimmy's wedding reception. I was the DJ and also had Karaoke for the wedding reception! Keith Urban came to a show after his concert at the John Paul Jones arean last year and got up and sang a song for everyone there on karaoke! I have had many other band members sing karaoke and everyone of them has always commented on how difficult it is to do!

I agree with you to a point Thunder but I have heard Paula Abdul live and she could not even get close to the recorded offerings of her past.

Jon,

Neither can I or anyone else, it's called aging, everyone's vocal cords digress with age!

She's not actually a good singer.... if not for her body and looks, she probably never would have made it professionally.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70AgyIEnBRE&feature=channel"]YouTube - Beyoncé - Halo[/nomedia]

Oh I don't know!

[ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6ppk7_beyonce-at-last-etta-james-live-fas_music"]Dailymotion - Beyonce - At Last (Etta James) - live @ Fashion Rocks 2008 - une vidéo Musique@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x6ppk7@@AMEPARAM@@x6ppk7[/ame]

Pretty much says it all doesn't it! By the way that was a live performance not prerecorded!

No offense but I'll take Etta's version anyday. Plus, I've NEVER had a request for this version of the song at any event that I've done....so in turn...that might say it all.

It's not about the request you may have had for it (I doubt you even have it in your collection). The point was her vocal ability sans processing! Nothing speaks vocal ability like a live performance have you heard a live version of Etta's "At last"? And I agree I like Etta's version better than Beyounce's but that still doesn't take away from Beyounce's abilities as a singer of note!

The real tell of a singers ability is when you listen to a vocal only (no music) of them performing a song. Tina Turner was another awesome vocalist as far as power and percision goes!

Anyway again my point here is many of you seem to want to diss the girls ability to sing and the facts get in your way! She can sing!

Etta Live!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goz07feA54Y&feature=related"]YouTube - At Last Etta James[/ame]

Back