What's new

Bodybuilding Thread

J

jarekd1234

We need our own thread!

Post any questions you have regarding anything, we can all help each other here. Nutrition, training, AAS, motivation, pics, videos, etc.

What kind of training do you do?

I myself am on a 4 day upper/lower body split.

I also always love the debate when it comes to nutrition about the new lean gains program that shows it doesnt matter what types of food you eat as long as you meet your macros for the da you will still gain muscle

What kind of training do you do?

I myself am on a 4 day upper/lower body split.

I also always love the debate when it comes to nutrition about the new lean gains program that shows it doesnt matter what types of food you eat as long as you meet your macros for the da you will still gain muscle

I'm at the moment changing my workout routine, probably a 6 day split with each muscle group twice a week, and some olympic lifts as I need to do them for my PE class.

The leangains program is just another 'fad diet', it's convenient for most people and it works, obviously, like any other one.

You can eat whatever you want as long as you hit your macros, yes, that applies to body composition and it was always like this, lol. You need to also eat whole foods mainly(80-90% as IIFYM(if it fits your macros) suggest, which is Discretionary Calorie Allowance really) if you want to maintain good long-term health.

We need more people in this thread lol This forum is 'dead' so to speak at the moment..

Another workout lover here!
I've been training for almost 2 years and I feel it has really changed my body and my life.
As you know jarek, I like to keep things natural so I don't take any supplements.

My routine is split in 2 days
Which do you think are the best protein sources?

Another workout lover here!
I've been training for almost 2 years and I feel it has really changed my body and my life.
As you know jarek, I like to keep things natural so I don't take any supplements.

My routine is split in 2 days
Which do you think are the best protein sources?

I hope by supplements you mean something else and not supplements like protein powders(derived from milk) etc..

Best protein source? Anything high in protein that tastes good to you! Chicken, steak, fish, milk, eggs, burgers, meat and fairy in general lol

I am looking into going to the gym and starting working out. I have protein powder and ive been told that one day i should work legs and one upper body and split them up. Do you have any other tips? Also what type of workouts work best for abdominals?

I am looking into going to the gym and starting working out. I have protein powder and ive been told that one day i should work legs and one upper body and split them up. Do you have any other tips? Also what type of workouts work best for abdominals?

It depends on your goals.

If you want to get bigger and stronger, Starting Strength(developed by the best strength training coach Mark Rippetoe) is the best training program developed. You will add ****loads of weight to each of your main lifts, which are squad/deadlift/bench. Do not do any sort of training that pro bodybuilders mention in their 'supplement magazines' or any 'fad diets' that are designed to make you buy useless supplements. They're on different performance enhancing drugs and that changes how you should train (mainly protein synthesis is increased and after a workout it's 24-48h in naturals and much longer in those enhanced, so they can get away with pretty much anything).

Obviously to grow bigger, you need proper nutrition and rest. That means getting enough calories(preferably 500 calories over your maintenance) will add 1lb/weekly and keep fat gains to minimum. That means you also need to consume adequate amounts of protein and dietary fats. Once you hit protein and fats minimums, you fill the rest with a mixture of protein/fats/carbs based on personal preference.

What foods to eat and when also doesn't matter, as long as you get all those macronutrients and MICROnutrients to keep healthy. That means your diet should be composed mainly of wholefoods, and 10-20% can come from processed foods if you want to eat them, in moderation.

You can calculate how much of each you need here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981&p=436716771#post436716771

I hope by supplements you mean something else and not supplements like protein powders(derived from milk) etc..

Best protein source? Anything high in protein that tastes good to you! Chicken, steak, fish, milk, eggs, burgers, meat and fairy in general lol

I was told that vegetable proteins are better than animal proteins, that's why I'm asking this.

I was told that vegetable proteins are better than animal proteins, that's why I'm asking this.

I have no idea who told you that but no. Soy/veggie proteins are okay sources but they do not have a complete amino like animal proteins. Meaning they don't provide all the same nutrients as their animal counterparts.

Getting the majority of your protein from it is not the best idea, as they're not complete.. but if you get your protein from few different sources, it won't make a significant difference.

I have no idea who told you that but no. Soy/veggie proteins are okay sources but they do not have a complete amino like animal proteins. Meaning they don't provide all the same nutrients as their animal counterparts.

So animal proteins are better?? Do the have more amino-acids? or are they just different?

So animal proteins are better?? Do the have more amino-acids? or are they just different?

If you're getting your protein from a variety of foods and not just one, you're going to be fine, nomsayin?

Hopefully you have some dairy and fish etc.?

Its not that they have more its just that their amino acid chains are more complete so they don't break down as quickly.

If you're getting your protein from a variety of foods and not just one, you're going to be fine, nomsayin?

Hopefully you have some dairy and fish etc.?

Do you even lift?

Is that true that taking creatine supplements can be harmful in the long run? I may have to stop taking it. I do like it though because it makes me so active, I even take it when I play basketball.

Its not that they have more its just that their amino acid chains are more complete so they don't break down as quickly.

Do you even lift?

curls for da gurls only brah, negged phaggot

Is that true that taking creatine supplements can be harmful in the long run? I may have to stop taking it. I do like it though because it makes me so active, I even take it when I play basketball.

It can be harmful if you abuse it, as with anything. 5-10g a day won't do any harm, you can cycle it if you want but there is no evidence to prove it's harmful. It's a naturally occurring substance in the body and it's found in meat. Thousands of years of us eating meat.. tells you something.

Guys I am new to body Building. I just decided to go to a gym this month since it is my vacation from school. The people at the gym told me to take 2 amino acid tablets before and after my work out routine. So in total, I have to take 4 amino acid tablets in a single work out. Is this safe guys?

Another question, as a starter, they told me to do bench press, inclined press and dumbbells exercises three sets each. Is this right? Help me guys. I do not have a personal trainer and I am only counting on the people at the gym and the articles I read on the internet.

Guys I am new to body Building. I just decided to go to a gym this month since it is my vacation from school. The people at the gym told me to take 2 amino acid tablets before and after my work out routine. So in total, I have to take 4 amino acid tablets in a single work out. Is this safe guys?

Another question, as a starter, they told me to do bench press, inclined press and dumbbells exercises three sets each. Is this right? Help me guys. I do not have a personal trainer and I am only counting on the people at the gym and the articles I read on the internet.

Stop listening to whoever is trying to sell you supplements- all they want is your money.

First of all, sort out your diet. That means calculate how much of what you need here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Then you need a good routine. You probably want to get bigger and stronger. Starting Strength is the best program you can do, it focuses on compound lifts and if you follow it, you will add craploads of weight to your lifts, you will ad weight each workout. Typical 'splits' are good for people who are on some kind of 'drugs' and as a natural you're not going to get optimal results.

Research first before starting stupid stuff that people tell you, you will regret it later if you don't.

Thanks for the information :D I will keep eating eggs and fish, and of course my delicious oatmeal :p

Stop listening to whoever is trying to sell you supplements- all they want is your money.

First of all, sort out your diet. That means calculate how much of what you need here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Then you need a good routine. You probably want to get bigger and stronger. Starting Strength is the best program you can do, it focuses on compound lifts and if you follow it, you will add craploads of weight to your lifts, you will ad weight each workout. Typical 'splits' are good for people who are on some kind of 'drugs' and as a natural you're not going to get optimal results.

Research first before starting stupid stuff that people tell you, you will regret it later if you don't.

Thanks for your immediate response mate! Actually I am pretty thin that's why I decided to go to gym. I basically would like to gain weight and improve my core muscles and my arms a bit. They also told me to drink powdered protein as it will help me grow bigger in lesser time. I'm totally naive about these things so I really need your help guys! By the way thank for the link that you gave. I will start interacting on that forum right away!

Back