What's new

Bodybuilding Thread

Currently I am doing three sets each for bench press and inclined bench press each gym visit. I am also doing squats but I am not really liking the after effect of it in my thighs and legs. I am concentrating more in my chest and arms.

You need to do squats to build your whole body, squats are not just a legs exercise. If you squat big, your whole body will be big. It sounds like you are experiencing DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness), your body will eventually adapt.

Not true. Vegetable protein does not offer a full amino acid profile. To 'complete' the protein you need to combine it with meat or eggs. For 99% of our evolution, the vast majority of our protein came from meat.

To 'complete' the protein you can have a variety of plant protein, it's a problem when you're getting all your protein from one source, which is not possible for the majority of people.. Ever seen vegetarian and vegan bodybuilders?

If you want to gain weight, eat fat, good quality fat in the form of grass-fed meat, coconut, extra virgin olive oil, and avocado. Fat has 9 calories per gram, compared with 4 calories per gram in protein and carbohydrate. From an evolutionary point of view, fat is our prefered energy source.

Fat is essential in the long term, it's the media that still spouts bullshit from the 70's where fat was supposed to be bad. You see all those 'low fat' products and people buy it and think it means 'calorie free'.

You need to do squats to build your whole body, squats are not just a legs exercise. If you squat big, your whole body will be big. It sounds like you are experiencing DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness), your body will eventually adapt.

A big squat does not necessarily mean that you're big. Ever seen those olympic lifters/strongmen/powerlifters in lower weight classes? They can squat a few times over their body weight.

When you're big, you can squat big, if of course you squatted to get there. Can't be big and weak.

For a starter, what supplements would you suggest? I am workin on my biceps.

Back