What's new

Breakfast for the month

GO KATHY! GO KATHY! GO KATHY! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am impressed. I only did the freezer cooking once but it did make a life easier. I am hoping to get some made before baby comes but then I want to start a new stockpile too - hmm priorities.

I have The Freezer Cooking Manual from 30 Day Gourmet by Tara Wohlenhaus and Nanci Slagle. There is a recipe for Breakfast McBiscuits, I make a lot for mom's with new babies.

I usually buy the Grands Flaky layers and bake them up.
I scramble eggs and bake them in a the largest glass baking pan I have - sprayed with Pam first. Then when cool slice the egg into squares.
I use either Bob Evans sausage patties or Canadian bacon (or the small ham that is presliced). I cook the sausage on a broiling pan.
I put on a Kraft single American cheese slice.
So I make Ham, Egg & Cheese or Sausage, Egg and Cheese.
It does take a lot of work but I enjoy them after!
I individually wrap in aluminum foil and then bag up in gallon freezer bags. You can microwave them out of the foil but I prefer them baked at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, taken out the night before to thaw.

Yay! Thank you for this info.....I got so excited I made up a bunch of these and were trying them out this weekend. I bought a "****in-TOP" pan I saw a woman on the internet using for these and the eggs look just like the ones at McDonalds. She also said to break the yolk with a knife and let the center reach the whole circle. Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YKGRBY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Today I made breakfast sandwiches. Not including what we ate, I froze:

11 Sausage, Egg & Cheese Bisquits
3 Sausage, Egg & Cheese English ****ins
11 Bacon, Egg & Cheese Bisquits
6 Bacon, Egg & Cheese English ****ins
3 Ham, Egg & Cheese Bisquits
3 Ham, Egg & Cheese English ****ins
2 Ham & Cheese English ****ins
6 Sausage & Cheese English ****in
5 Bacon & Cheese Bisquits
Total: 52

3 Family size (gl freezer bags) Sausage Gravy

I've made 3 batches of these since Saturday. Everyone in my house loves them. I think they would freeze well although we haven't had any left to freeze. I used cow's milk instead of Almond milk and added a little honey, maybe 2 TBSP or so (though I didn't measure). I sprayed my pans with Pam and there was no stick at all. Mine were done in 20 minutes and the recipe made 18 for me.

3 mashed bananas (the more ripe the better!)
1 cup vanilla Almond milk (you could use skim but you may want to add a little sweetener)
2 eggs
1 tbsp Baking powder
3 cups (240g) Old Fashion or Rolled Oats
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp (42g) mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Mix all ingredients except the chocolate chips together, and let sit while you prepare the ****in pans.

Spray a ****in pan and/or liners with with non-stick spray.

Stir the chocolate chips into the oatmeal batter.

Divide batter into 15 ****in cups. They should be just about filled.

The only thing I changed from the original recipe was using Stevia instead of Splenda. You could also use honey, or really skip all together if you don’t like your oatmeal too sweet, the bananas add a nice flavor. Berry Oatmeal Cups

3 mashed bananas
1 cup skim milk
1 tsp Stevia or 1/4 cup splenda
2 eggs
1 tbps Baking powder
3 cups quick oats
2 cups frozen blue berries or mixed berries [still frozen]

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Mix all ingredients except the berries together, and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir in the berries.

Spray a ****in pan and/or liners with with non-stick spray. Divide batter into 15 ****in cups. They should be just about filled.

Bake 20-30 minutes, you’ll see the edges just starting to brown.

The ****ins may stick when hot but are removed easily when cooled for a bit

Bake 20-30 minutes, you’ll see the edges just starting to brown and they will be firm to the touch.

The ****ins may stick when hot but are removed easily when cooled for a bit.

I have been making the Egg McMuffins. The kids seem to like them....but I was having a hell of a time with the eggs on the griddle. No matter how hard I tried they would spread all over the place. My house leans...(alot)!

So I found this on Amazon....

ven61y.jpg

It's a whoppie pan...crack an egg in each one and break the yolk...stick it in the oven until it looks done...the pan is real shallow. I am waiting for it to come and can't wait to try it. Thanks everyone for the great recipes!

Yay! Thank you for this info.....I got so excited I made up a bunch of these and were trying them out this weekend. I bought a "****in-TOP" pan I saw a woman on the internet using for these and the eggs look just like the ones at McDonalds. She also said to break the yolk with a knife and let the center reach the whole circle. Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YKGRBY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

LOL...Mommy...I should have read the thread....I looked around on the internet too and found the same type of pan....

Patty the ****in top pan "holes" are a little bigger 12 on a pan vs this 16

ps I have one if you want to try it

okay well I could set it out on my porch tomorrow before I leave--OR I will be home tonight :)

for those baking the eggs for sandwiches--wayyy back in heh day I worked at McD's--be sure to poke the yolk while cooking--that way when someone bites into the sandwich they dont hit a pocket of hot runny yolk

Today I made:
4 loaves pumpkin bread, 3 made it to the freezer
2 quiche lorraine
2 broccolli quiche
1 sausage & cheese quiche

Planning on thawing/re-heating for day of Baptism.
Hoping to make more quick breads - banana, blueberry, choc chip...

Tomorrow is French Toast.
Found Stroehmann Bread on sale for $1.99 with $1.00 peelies at Acme. Bought 8 loaves.
Had to go look at the brand to post since I've never heard of it. Guess why? Pennsylvania Dutch Bakers. Will give it a whirl. Acme brand is never $.99 here like it was at Jewel.

yesterday I made hsmomof6 ****ins (thanks!) and froze 4 batches. These were great and so flipping easy. My bananas weren't super ripe so I needed to add a lot more of the honey for the kids to think they were sweet enough.

I made bacon/egg/cheese and ham/egg/cheese sandwiches and froze (about 45)

today after we had pancakes I made several extra batches and froze them: blueberry, choc chip and plain. Will pop in the toaster for breakfasts before school.

I just made the most delicious pancakes. They are high protein pancake pancakes. They have a pumpkin pie taste.

This is what the original recipe calls for:
1 cup rolled oats
about 6 egg whites
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
1 TBSP maple syrup
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

I deviated from the recipe a little. This is what I used:
3 cups rolled oats
11 eggs (the whole egg - I didn't want to just do whites)
one and one half cups cottage cheese (you could also use Greek yogurt here as a sub which I did last time I made these, but I think the cottage cheese tasted better than the nonfat unflavored Greek yogurt I used. If I used Greek yogurt again maybe I would pick vanilla instead, IDK)
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
3 TBSP Maple syrup
1 and 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp ginger
3/4 tsp allspice
3/4 tsp nutmeg
(I don't have pumpkin pie spice so that's why I used the cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and nutmeg - since that's what pumpkin pie spice is).

Put everything into blender and blend until it is like a pancake batter. I used my griddle I got at Kohl's to cook the pancakes. These are so good! Expensive compared to regular pancakes, but a nice treat/change. This probably made about 12-15 pancakes for me.

Yesterday I froze:
2 loaves choc chip bread
batch of cinnamon ****ins
2 loaves blueberry bread
Today I froze:
80 pieces French Toast!
Kitchen is clean and I managed to get the kids to clean up floors enough to vaccuum the whole downstairs! Ok, well not the office.

BREADS - makes 2 loaves so DOUBLE IT for 4 and make as many double batches as you need. Don't triple or quadruple, it messes up the chemistry. Add in whatever fruit, puree, etc you want. Adjust flour and/or liquid to account for what you put in there.

1 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsps cinnamon
4 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups of your favorite fruit, nut or vegetable*
METHOD:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour FOUR loaf pans. In a medium mixing bowl, combine wheat and white flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and add sugar, oil and vanilla and whisk until blended. Add dry ingredients and stir with a spoon until flour is just moistened. Do not over mix. Add 2 cups of any type of fruit, vegetable, nut or combination of any of these ingredients and mix until evenly distributed. Divide batter evenly between loaf pans. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into center of loaves comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before turning loaves out on a wire rack to cool completely (I turn the loaves out right away, no problem).

*Puree any soft fruits or vegetables like bananas, pumpkins or tomatoes. Shred any hard fruits or vegetables like apples, pears, zucchini or sweet potatoes. If using dried fruits or nuts, add 1/4 cup of vegetable oil to liquid ingredients to keep the bread moist.

****INS

This recipe makes 1 dozen ****ins so DOUBLE it (and if you make 4 dozen like me, you need 2 batches. You can't quadruple recipes, it messes up the chemistry). And you can add in whatever stuff you like, just adjust flour and/or liquid depending on what you add in.

1/4 cup oil
1 medium egg
1 cup milk
1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder (3 teaspoons)
2 cups flour

In a large bowl combine the oil, egg, milk, sugar and salt. Mix it very well with a fork or wire whisk. Measure in the baking powder and flour. Mix again until all of the dough particles are moistened. Do not over mix. The whole thing should take about 20 to 30 strokes. Spoon the batter into a dozen well oiled ****in cups (I use cupcake papers). Bake at 400 for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool slightly before removing from the pan.

Thank you for your nice recipes. I will just try to make my nice breakfast.

Back