What's new

Breast feeding publicly

imported_Zawazuki

New Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Should breast feeding in public be banned? Some view it rather inappropriate and/or outrageous. I don't personally believe that it should be banned. I see no problem with breast feeding publicly. As long as the individual is covered so that no one can visually see her breast (specifically the nipple), it's fine.

I have found it odd to be walking in the park and see some lady with her boob hanging out with a kid attached to it. Just not something you see everyday. Not offensive but odd.

Yeah I have to agree with you on that one, NaughtyMonkey. I happened to be at a soccer game when the person sitting next to me started breast feeding their kid. It kind of became a little awkward. :shock:

It should be okay, but not acceptable if she's got everything hanging out to where everyone and their brother can see it.

I don't think people should. Its just gross. Why would you wanna do that in the first place?

@Gamrpro, well the reason someone would do that is because the baby might get hungry or something similar. I'm sure they don't just say, hay, I feel like breastfeeding my baby right now.

I am married to a family of breastfeeders. They will telk you that people who feel awkward by it are either foolish or ignorant. I was ignorant of it but now it doesn't bother me. They will tell you as well that covering up is a must because you don't want to offend anyone.
Why should it be banned? Breast milk is the best for a child and breastfeeding is the best method. Just cover the breast up. It's not illegal and no cop in their right man will or can ticket you for indecent exposure.

I certainly wouldn't mind. I'm a guy, and a naked woman doesn't offend me. ;)
That's what I was going to say too!

Bring on all the bare breast :welcome:

On a serious note, I have some friends that breastfeed in public and if they're cool and it's not disrupting anyone, I don't see an issue with it.

That's what I was going to say too!

Bring on all the bare breast :welcome:

+1 I'm down for some nipple action anyway I can get it.:wiggle:

Seriously though if us guys can walk around shirtless there is no reason women shouldn't be able to either. In fact I support it 100% :blah:

Being a female myself, I really don't want to see another woman's breast, but as long as she keeps herself covered and is as discreet as she can be about it, it's not a problem. Just keep the breast covered, and it's fine.

It doesn't bother me really. It's up to the mother if they want to breast feed their babies. To ban it would be utterly stupid. Afterall it's the baby wanting it's dinner. Maybe learn to be less harsh because when you have kids yourself you will find out that babies are going to control your life in a fun way.

+1 I'm down for some nipple action anyway I can get it.:wiggle:

Seriously though if us guys can walk around shirtless there is no reason women shouldn't be able to either. In fact I support it 100% :blah:

:Laughing_Face:* When I was younger I felt the same way but now, eh, not so much....*

Banning it would be a bit extreme, I agree. As I was saying, just as long as the woman keeps herself decently covered, it's not bothersome at all.

A little baby will cry to get attention as it can't talk and say that it's hungry.
It doesn't bother me if the mum wants to breast feed her son or daughter.
It's an essential thing just like changing a baby's nappy it needs to be done.

Clearly, as my other replies say, I never said I was bothered by it.

Seeing mothers breast feeding their children in public has never offended or pertbured me. With that being said, if I was a mother, I would breast feed my child in private (primarily my car, restroom or home) because I would feel flustered and embarrased.

I could frankly care less, but if it offends people, that's their problem.

^ Very true- there are those moments where the baby is hungry and the mother must feed him/her, wherever they happen to be. The baby has to eat! It's really not a big deal, it's just natural. It's fine with me. Plus, it's the mother's business how she feeds her baby. As a matter of fact, they say that breast milk is actually healthier for the baby, so it's actually a good choice.

Not only do I support it, as breast milk is much better for the baby than formula, because it is a very natural act that has sustained mammal infants for a very long time I don't believe a woman should have to cover up. She is caring for her child, and it's not like most people didn't suck on their own mother's nipple when they were an infant.
As for doing it in a restroom, a point a class mate brought up in either my speech class or a psychology class (I don't remember which one), it was asked "would you eat or feed the rest of your family in the restroom?"

Back