Buy or Download

fords8

Hanging Out!
Peak Director
Peak Mediator
Mountaineers
PF Member
Reaction score
As a fan of a band or album do you download(illegal) or buy it??

I download usually, but i don't to listen to song much. So less downloads.

I always download, but I buy some albums too, but those are very rare collection of mine.

I always download music. At .99c per song on iTunes, it really adds up. To be honest, iTunes is scamming us. I'd love to be able to support my favorite band via buying their songs, but if I were to do that, I would never do it via iTunes.

None of the above. :p If I want to listen to music I'll just search it on youtube or something. :p

I used to torrent my music all the time, but now I buy legally from iTunes as the quality is better and I don't fancy getting into any trouble with the law. I've heard there's big fines.

hissae2 said:
None of the above. :p If I want to listen to music I'll just search it on youtube or something. :p

A wise way to do it :D

I usually buy from iTunes because it's convenient for me and it supports the artist at least a bit. Occasionally I go out and buy a hard copy but it's got to be something special for that. If I download something it's probably because it hasn't been released, ie it's a cover or super new song.

EDIT: sorry! I accidentally rated this thread one star, lol. Excuse this touchscreen phone

Wow nice to hear that many support the artist by downloading from iTunes.

I buy the CDs in shops and import them into itunes. Sometimes I will buy from Itunes if the artist I want is not available in my country. I mostly buy off of Itunes now as the only shop near me that sold japanese and korean music shut down.

I just buy them... never download because its illegal.

Both if you really expect them. The stuff I download I would not buy anyway

I download very rarely. Pandora and local radio is what I listen to the most.

I tend to buy music from their site directly. This cuts down on costs, and for a whole album you can get for a few dollars cheaper than off of Itunes. Then I simply transfer the songs over to Itunes directly. Legal, and saves you money :)

A little bit of both,I download and if I like the album I buy it from iTunes.

A good move Issor.

I download most things to find out if its worth the money, if it is i pay for it

A plus one for you saber!

Not at all for download, I'd rather buy. XDD

I download the ones people suggest that I listen to and I buy to support my fave artists...

Back