What's new

Can you last a day without...

Mikerocosms

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about this from a post in another thread. Can you in this day and age, last one full day without your cell phone? Think about it, hell try it. Plan a day sometime this week or next and try going without your cell phone. Don't make it an easy day like Sunday or whatever. Try Monday or even Wednesday. Think you can?

M

I could last without my cell phone but I couldn't last without my laptop and internet for a day. That would be more difficult for me.

without a doubt.

I couldn't. I have my daughter to worry about and my shop. Not to mention scheduling projectionists at the theater. My phone is practically my lifeline. I actually think the world would stop if I left mine at home for a day.

M

Sure, I don't use my cell phone nearly everyday anyway. The only person I ever call is my mom. I wounldn't like being without it for safety reasons, but I'd survive just fine.

yes I can, and yes I sometimes do.

I forgot, I'm asking a bunch of SAHMs.

M

or maybe we're people who've learned to live without what American marketing firms have tried to shove down our throat as a necessity at the rate of $1200 a year.

not all of us are SAHMs

I didn't use my phone or the internet last weekend. I didn't miss it during that time.

lol ok ok. Just felt alone there. F-it. I embrace my phone. I use it to get the most of what I can out of my day.

M

SAHM here :hiya:

NO, I do NOT want to go through the day without my cell phone! It keeps me in touch with driving, always on the go, teenage DD..... I know that 13yo DS can find me anytime he needs to..... I would NOT feel comfortable going places without one..... both for my safety and theirs :)

Yep, that's right...... Mayberry WITH internet and cell phone service for me :bowing:

I could if I had to but I would be miserable. I don't have a laptop and computer is all the way in the basement. I use my phone to go on here, FBook, ect.

SAHM here :hiya:

NO, I do NOT want to go through the day without my cell phone! It keeps me in touch with driving, always on the go, teenage DD..... I know that 13yo DS can find me anytime he needs to..... I would NOT feel comfortable going places without one..... both for my safety and theirs :)

Yep, that's right...... Mayberry WITH internet and cell phone service for me :bowing:

Andy & Opie wouldn't recognize the place anymore! (You didn't happen to see the pic that was posted earlier of Barney Fife all dolled up, did you? :giggles:)

I have done it too. Most often by omission of forgetting to charge it and not bringing my charger with me to work. It backfired on me once since I've had a cell phone. My brother tried to call me for help after he fell off a ladder and fractured several ribs. I didn't find out until several days later. I felt awful and carry a spare charger in my car when I remember to put it there.

Andy & Opie wouldn't recognize the place anymore! (You didn't happen to see the pic that was posted earlier of Barney Fife all dolled up, did you? :giggles:)

I did! I did!!! I was scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hides:

:lol:

no, because it's my only phone. We don't have a land line...just cell phones.

Back