What's new

Can you last a day without...

Yeah screw land lines and their damned telemarketers!

M
that would be part of the reason we ditched the land line. Realized the only calls we got were from each other and the telemarketers. that was about 6 yrs ago.

I too need my phone to keep in touch with my kids--that's basically the only people I really call on it ( or text to)

You can have my iPhone when you pry it out of my old, dead hands! It's my preciousssssssss.

SAHM here :hiya:

NO, I do NOT want to go through the day without my cell phone! It keeps me in touch with driving, always on the go, teenage DD..... I know that 13yo DS can find me anytime he needs to..... I would NOT feel comfortable going places without one..... both for my safety and theirs :)

Yep, that's right...... Mayberry WITH internet and cell phone service for me :bowing:

And you wouldn't be able to receive my texts. :huggy:

I broke my phone on Saturday...an i phone, dropped it off the counter and onto the floor. I text too much anyway.

Nope...couldn't do it! Need my phone in case someone needs me! We have a landline for 911 purposes.

I have had to survive a whole day without.. do I choose to?? Ummm no... but I have forgotten to take with me a few times. I feel NAKED... it sucks!

Don't have a landline... we all have cells.

Definitely. We got rid of our contract phones about two years ago...saves us approximately $800/year (probably more). We both have Tracfones and buy cards/minutes for them (and I find codes online for bonus minutes). Days go by without my using the phone...but we keep them b/c it's essential in this day and age.

We do have a land line...always will. We have the very basic plan and I buy calling cards for long distance (takes longer but the card I get costs us a HALF CENT per minute!). :)

PSA: We all did pretty well before cell phones.....just sayin'. I remember driving out east when I was 17 with nuttin' but some cash (not much) and a map.

Remember having to wait till my parents got home from work before I could ask them something. Hell even when I got married cells weren't the norm....didn't talk to DH till he got home either.

People had to make decisions on their own instead of calling and asking "They're out of X, do you want Y or Z?"

People didn't call 5 minutes away saying "I'll be there in 5 minutes." (I ****ing HATE calls like that!) :ranting:

Sure i can last without my cell phone. Because i have AT&T as my carrier & they have a **** signal.The only carrier that works in my home in the family room is US Cellular.
I can't wait till Sept. to drop AT&T forever.

People didn't call 5 minutes away saying "I'll be there in 5 minutes." (I ****ing HATE calls like that!) :ranting:

Me too! Or the call where I can tell the caller is bored or standing in a long line and dialing everyone in their phone book, looking for someone to entertain them. NO. text me and I'll read it when I have time. I'm not in line, and I was probably in the middle of doing something that took some concentration. quit wasting my time if you don't have anything to say. :ranting:

quit wasting my time if you don't have anything to say. :ranting:

'Xactly! I'm not a big phone talker anyway......usually don't even answer so if you call, tell me why then say goodbye. Do not say "What's going on?"!!! :ranting:

I hate DD calling me while on break outside smoking. I hate that you smoke to begin with... Then you are gonna call me and blow in my ear.

That's your dad's job honey.

I hate DD calling me while on break outside smoking. I hate that you smoke to begin with... Then you are gonna call me and blow in my ear.

Yikes! You must HATE that!!!

PSA: We all did pretty well before cell phones.....just sayin'. I remember driving out east when I was 17 with nuttin' but some cash (not much) and a map.

Remember having to wait till my parents got home from work before I could ask them something. Hell even when I got married cells weren't the norm....didn't talk to DH till he got home either.

People had to make decisions on their own instead of calling and asking "They're out of X, do you want Y or Z?"

I turn my phone into silent mode whenever we make plan with the in laws. They would make at least 5-6 calls to confirm a plan we already confirmed! It drove me nuts...

I regularly lose my cell phone for days at a time and I don't have a land line. My friends and family have learnt to e-mail me if they really want to find me. For everyone else - I'll check my voice mail eventually and texts will wait for me to respond.

'Xactly! I'm not a big phone talker anyway......usually don't even answer so if you call, tell me why then say goodbye. Do not say "What's going on?"!!! :ranting:

exactly what I'm talking about :hurt:this is a great reason not to answer the phone, and like you, sometimes I just don't. I know one person who calls when they're at big events -- sporting events, parades, etc, just to tell me where they are. Can we talk about this later, when I have your attention and you can actually hear what I'm saying?

I turn my phone into silent mode whenever we make plan with the in laws. They would make at least 5-6 calls to confirm a plan we already confirmed! It drove me nuts...

grrr, another thing that gets me is people who won't make plans in advance because they have a cell phone. "Oh, I'll be there sometime in the afternoon, I'll just call when I'm leaving the xyz." No. I need a date and time, and I'll do pretty much anything you want. I do like to know what's going on a few hours in advance (days is even better!) because I have other things to do besides sit around waiting for you!

And you wouldn't be able to receive my texts. :huggy:

and i wouldn't be able to text you when the Cubs lose :bliss:

sheesh..... that makes me wanna call and chat :hides:

Back