What's new

Can you last a day without...

Now that I have a touch screen phone that can use apps....I DONT WANNA! Its too much fun!

Besides, my phone is the only way people can get ahold of me, since we dont have a landline.

I could definately go without it. In fact DH and I are thinking about getting rid of both cells to cut down on bills.

Without your phone you may have to be organized!! People ran billion $$ companies without cells before they became the rage. You just can't because you don't have to do so. You would make those calls and get the info and be organized and more thorough in your communications as you wouldn't be able to pick up and call anytime.

It does make things easier for me. The jobs that I do practically require my app phone. I have 100mb pdf files (projector manuals), word documents, excel spreadsheets, and all my contacts on my phone. I am constantly on the move and making progress. Not to mention if any projectionist misses work. I'm on call to replace them. I just did a show tonight as a matter of fact. I consider myself quite well organized.

Now that I have a touch screen phone that can use apps....I DONT WANNA! Its too much fun!

Yeah, I got the same. They are so handy.

M

I forgot, I'm asking a bunch of SAHMs.

M

I didn't bother reading past this post before feeling the need to respond.

I'm not a SAHM, hell, I'm not even a woman nor someone who 'stays at home' lol (and I would like to add that I commend anyone who falls in either, if not both, of those categories)
I went 6 months last year w/out a cell phone... and it was liberating to say the least. If I thought DW would let me, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Don't have a cell phone.
Don't want a cell phone.
Kids don't have them either and won't as long as they are under our roof unless they get a job that mandates having one.
Won't do "friend" things - lunch, projects, shopping - with those who have to be connected to everybody else on the planet 24/7. Yeah, I'm a major **** about it. Emergencies are one thing. Most calls & texts are NOT emergencies.
Hubby has one for work purposes only but they have to call the house phone if they need to reach him when he's off as there is frequently no signal out here in BFE!!!

Not only are we strictly land line, the kids have to talk to their friends on a corded phone in the kitchen. The cordless is for adults only. Cruel, aren't we? :giggles: It does keep them from tying up the line for hours with mindless babble, though. We haven't had a telemarketer call since the Indiana DNC list became available which was several years before the federal one.

My older brother went no cell in February due to a layoff which meant slashing wants vs needs out of his budget. Like smbka_1, he found it very liberating. He didn't realize how much time he wasted playing with his had-everything-but-a-kitchen-sink phone & how many pointless phone calls he participated in until he canceled his service. He & SIL have decided to remain a non-cell household.

I'ma a SAHGM...only have the phone turned on if there's something up with the family...I last used it 06/10...

I don't even have one. And I have heard people exclaim "I can't believe you don't have one, I couldn't LIVE without mine"

really???? People did it for thousands of years!!!!
Totally true. Although it's very helpful for car problems, etc...and cripes, I still never know if/when the school is going to call about my daughter so we keep the cheap Tracfones for that reason alone. But if it wasn't for that, we'd probably not bother either. Plus everyone else has one so in case of emergency, there's always one around, lol.

I could definately go without it. In fact DH and I are thinking about getting rid of both cells to cut down on bills.

Do what we did and just get the pre-paid ones. It's way cheaper. No contract...phones are cheap...bonus codes online for extra minutes. We have the flip-phones (don't accidentally dial that way) and they were about $15-20 (recently clearanced at Target so maybe cheaper) and they are double minutes for life phones so a $20 60minute card = 120 minutes and adds 90 days to the phone so I think it would cost $80 a year (give or take) unless you need more cards. We were paying $80/month before! Texting costs a third of a unit per text so it's reasonable.

Back