What's new

Chavs

Gannet

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
For our UK members, are your towns still infested with them? Or have they shuffled off and gone to a better place? Like down a toilet? XD

Plenty of the scum where I live, unfortunately. They're not as bad as they are in places like Birmingham, though.

As much as I do use the term chavs and know exactly who I mean when I use it, I don't believe in discriminating against someone because they wear tracksuits, listen to Dubstep and wear Adidas and Nike.

I have an issue only with their behaviour. Again, I shouldn't really be stereotypical but honestly...the families who spawn the chavs commonly are not bringing up their children properly. There are "chavs" who are very nice people and who I don't like to call names. However, there is no excuse to be a horrible person and therefore I have no problem with shoving chavvy people into that group if they fit into the "it's cool to act like a gangsta and knife people" thing.

there are so many chavs here i don't even know
i live next to council flats !!!!!!!!!! which are completely littered with them
they stay up most nights and always blast stupid techno music and im there like excuse u i'm trying to sleep

idk i don't mind the ones my age though... i recently finished high school so i went down leavers (we go down a field with a big pond and just... kind of get drunk) and a lot of the chavs that intimidated me during school were drunk and were surprisingly nice to me - i got a hug off one of them? weird as hell i tell you

Hate them with a passion especially the ones who play music (****) out loud there phones. Don't get intimidated by them once you get them one on one and not when they are in there group then they'll start running.

Luckily I'm in a quite area so there are none about, but places like buslem, tunstall, chell (typical hot spot) is where most of them are.

the great thing is i'm in kidsgrove so those are all my neighboor towns LMFAO
my best friend is even from chell, oh man (just noticed you live in stoke on trent too, high 5)
i suppose kidsgrove isn't ~~that~~ bad but theres a prostitute living down my street so i'm not going to hold my head up high~

Yeah. However here in Scotland, we refer to that type of person has a 'Ned'. Apparently standing for Non-Educated Delinquent.
Disgustingly enough, the typical Ned/Chav has become an aspiration for some people. I went to school with pretty the downright awful type that would be dubbed with that title, and I've been attacked by a group of them.

I live in Bexley Borough. It's chav central. I swear, this is where they are born before they all move along to the rest of the UK.

In Bexley, there's a place called Bexleyheath. There's a song about it on Youtube hahaha

[video=youtube;68tV37itjR0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68tV37itjR0[/video]

I grew up near Wolverhampton/Birmingham, so yeah, I don't really need to go into detail. They're the very definition of "white trash" if you ask me.

I live in a good neighbourhood which is unfortunately surrounded by council estates. I also live next to a pub and supermarket so it does attract all the rough people and there's always fights down the pub with up to 60+ people just fighting each other and smashing each others cars. It does get annoying and I sometimes feel like people view me like a chav! However, numerous people say I'm quite posh. :giggle: There's just too many of them and unfortunately, they breed like wildfire because they didn't stick around in high school long enough to receive sex education. :duh: They cause so many problems but there's no way to sort them out really. All of them have been brought up in poor backgrounds and acting out and being a real nuisance is all they know.

Lauren said:
listen to Dubstep
Listening to Dubstep is a chav stereotype? :eek:mg: ****. :p

Listening to Dubstep is a chav stereotype? :eek:mg: ****. :p

I've never known chavs/neds to listen to dubstep. It's usually poorly made rave music.
I remember a friend telling me how she was on a bus, and two neds were up the back, blasting a rave remix of Rebecca Black's 'Friday'.

I've never known chavs/neds to listen to dubstep. It's usually poorly made rave music.
I remember a friend telling me how she was on a bus, and two neds were up the back, blasting a rave remix of Rebecca Black's 'Friday'.

It's the same thing, really. They tend to not be cultured enough to understand the differences 'twixt genres, so anything that is electro-ish is fine.

Back