What's new

Cookie Class

I had better luck with today's cookies drying... I did start yesterday, and those took overnight to dry again, but the ones I did today dried fairly quickly. (For me, anyway...even if I did have to cheat & turn on my house fan to flash freeze them. :giggles: )

cookieshalloween2.jpg

cookiesbday.jpg

cookieshalloween1.jpg

I can't figure out how to rotate them. :dunce:

I don't know about this, Mary & Lisa. I spent two full days making like 60 cookies. :lol: My kitchen looks like it blew up. DD's team is happy, though...they didn't even care/realize that they got the worst looking Halloween cookies of the bunch. :)

They look great!

Make the fingers cookiemom posted. There's very little frosting involved :giggles:

Dragonfly! Those look awesome!!! :bliss:

Look at how far you've come for someone who was almost jinxed :giggles:

Dragonfly those are fantastic!

I totally agree about the time and mess commitment. I spent Monday and Tuesday making 8 dozen star cookies for a school donation and about lost my mind. Not sure how you ladies do this all the time.

Once upon a time I did do alot of crafty things... cake decorating, painting shirts, sewing, etc...

The mess factor is why I do not do it anymore.

I have a bunch of tips, cutters, pans, colors, etc... They are just packed away.

You all can enjoy doing and I will enjoy seeing your craftsmanship.

Anyone ever do a Christmas tree by stacking star cookies? Those are fun. It is a fun one to bring to a party with kids and them let them "put the ornaments" on their trees. Bring different color icing with differetn tips and the little "sprinkle" decorations...

Once upon a time I did do alot of crafty things... cake decorating, painting shirts, sewing, etc...

The mess factor is why I do not do it anymore.

I have a bunch of tips, cutters, pans, colors, etc... They are just packed away.

You all can enjoy doing and I will enjoy seeing your craftsmanship.

Anyone ever do a Christmas tree by stacking star cookies? Those are fun. It is a fun one to bring to a party with kids and them let them "put the ornaments" on their trees. Bring different color icing with differetn tips and the little "sprinkle" decorations...

yes, and probably never again!:lol: You have to make so many different size cookies and the recipes we used was yucky. All the hard work and my family picked at it, and that was about it:)

dragonfly those are great--I L-O-V-E that ghost cutter--where did you get it??

I made 80 cookies last night--little mess ( :) )

BUT I baked them all Saturday--and they were all flooded in just one color--easy cheesy

Lisa, I think that is a very old ghost cookie cutter. My mom gave me a huge shopping bag of cookie cutters about 15 years ago & it was in with them. It's probably 30+ years old.

The hands were a pita to frost. :p

I posted on FB but since the Halloween theme is going here--lol thought I would post here

halloweencookies2.jpg

halloweencookies.jpg

I give up --arrgghh why oh why photobucket do you not like me anymore??

ok nevermind I linked from my blog--it worked!

Those are great dragonfly! You go girl :hi5:

Lisa those mummies are amazing! I could NEVER do it, but can you tell me how you get the frosting to look like gauze like that???

the mummies were super easy-no talent required

I made the eyes one day--next day put a wider tip on ( I used a leaf tip) my icing of choice is glaze--it does not hold its shape most of the time--so the leaf tip just helps with a wider path of icing--

so I made one set on lines--let those dry and went the opposite direction with another set--

Lisa- Now THOSE are good cookies! I'm still in the "were those made by a 10yo???" stage of cookie decorating. :giggles: I like your bats! I wasn't sure how to do the lines on mine- I like the way your wings are better.

Lisa- Now THOSE are good cookies! I'm still in the "were those made by a 10yo???" stage of cookie decorating. :giggles: I like your bats! I wasn't sure how to do the lines on mine- I like the way your wings are better.

Um you did a great job. While I think for a beginner mine are decent looking yours turned out fantastic.

I am getting the itch again to bake cookies

dragonfly I ALWAYS struggle with bats--

can i make dough and icing today and refrigerate till friday? will it be ok till then?

sure --I use extra dough that I stick in the fridge for up to 1 week--

if you have time you can roll them out and cut--then freeze teh shapes

I like my cookies to sit atleast one day before icing them so all the butter/grease has time to "settle" I have had some blotching issues with glaze AND with royal and so have many other bakers --so if I can I bake atleast one day before decorating so I dont have to take that 1 in 100 chance of blotchy icing

Back