What's new

Dakota Fanning explicit rape scene

Chrisl0 said:
They just like to complain and ruin everyone else entertainment since they can no longer enjoy it since they have kids.

Please do not generalize this as all parents not taking the initiative to take it upon themselves not to control what their children see and hear on TV or radio.

My personal opinion is that if you don't like it then change the channel or station. My kids were watching the infamous superbowl snafoo and they saw what the rest of us saw. Maybe it's my fault they were nto shocked since they have been to museums or seen National Georaphic where some of the art and pictures do show explicit body parts. And as far as the language goes? They hear worse than that everyday at school on the playground. Atleast if they are with me there is a chance for me to explain what's going on, why the artist made the people naked or that language like that shouldn't be repeated by my kids. I know my kids will be exposed to these things and it's my duty to be there when they have questions and answer them as best as I can.

mustangkittycat said:

Please do not generalize this as all parents not taking the initiative to take it upon themselves not to control what their children see and hear on TV or radio.

My personal opinion is that if you don't like it then change the channel or station. My kids were watching the infamous superbowl snafoo and they saw what the rest of us saw. Maybe it's my fault they were nto shocked since they have been to museums or seen National Georaphic where some of the art and pictures do show explicit body parts. And as far as the language goes? They hear worse than that everyday at school on the playground. Atleast if they are with me there is a chance for me to explain what's going on, why the artist made the people naked or that language like that shouldn't be repeated by my kids. I know my kids will be exposed to these things and it's my duty to be there when they have questions and answer them as best as I can.

What do you mean? I remember when parents use to protest Beavis and Butthead and South Park. They run this country with a Iron fist and if it is not family friendly then its illegal. They need to understand that most people out there want to see TV uncensored. They have no right to censor it for the good of themselves. They should do their job watch what their kids watch and use the V-Chip if they did this everyone can be happy. Instead they are too lazy so they ruin TV for everyone.

Not ALL parents are like that. Even if Beavis and Butthead were on now I wouldn't be boycotting it or anything. I agree that parents need to take responsibility for what their kids see. If they don't want them to watch MTV then by God block it from the TV. That's how I see it. If you don't want then watching South Park then delete the channel from your TV or block it.

What one person sees as entertainment the next sees as terrible. Seems to me if that person thinks it's bad then they have the choice not to look. But all parents are not the kind to **** about content because many of us know that we are responsible for deciding what our kids see and hear. I am not saying your wrong and I agree, but you are making it seem like ALL parents are this way and not all of us are.

mustangkittycat said:
Not ALL parents are like that. Even if Beavis and Butthead were on now I wouldn't be boycotting it or anything. I agree that parents need to take responsibility for what their kids see. If they don't want them to watch MTV then by God block it from the TV. That's how I see it. If you don't want then watching South Park then delete the channel from your TV or block it.

What one person sees as entertainment the next sees as terrible. Seems to me if that person thinks it's bad then they have the choice not to look. But all parents are not the kind to **** about content because many of us know that we are responsible for deciding what our kids see and hear. I am not saying your wrong and I agree, but you are making it seem like ALL parents are this way and not all of us are.

Well I agree that not all parents do that, but the few that do make TV censored really make all parents look like that. I agree with you 100% that if you don't want to see it don't watch. If they don't want their kids to see it they use the V-Chip.

I think the V-chip is just another way to take the responsibility away from where it should be. So much easier to allow the boob-tube to babysit the kiddie and just another dollar for someone to make off selling you crap. What ever happened to telling your child NO and meaning it? My kids would love to watch those videos on MTV all day long but if I see something I don't agree with I get off my **** and change the channel until I feel like checking to see if something more appropriate is on the channel. It's just another way for parents to blame others and waste money because they are too lazy to take care of it themselves. Better yet why don't they turn the **** thing off and have some fun with the kids outside. Seems like a better solution that wasting money on a V-chip.

Yea it seems parents want to place the blame of poor parenting on something or someone else. Bullshit do your job and quit bullshitting.

Back