What's new

Do you drive?

Ok but others are right. There is no way possible that a stock honda can do 160mph. Unless you rolled it down a steep hill or threw it off a cliff. Other then that not possible.

Just because you say "so, your car might say it can go 220 right... but if you can't control it at that speed then that's not your car's top speed imo." That its the fact that a car can go that speed. It might not be able to go at that speed for long, but atleast it can reach that speed.

ATTENTION: I've noticed that a lot of people tend to look at their speedometer gauge and at the far right they see the number 160MPH. Well, folks, that number DOES NOT represent how fast your car can go. Do not look at that number and assume that's your car's top speed. Why do I say that? Well, besides the fact that it's TRUE, every car in the United States is pretty much mandatory to have that gauge. It's just as sensitive as where car manufacturers are allowed or not allowed to place your gas tank.

Update: A STOCK HONDA will NOT do 160MPH.End Update

ok .. tell me all the non sports cars that have a speedometer of 160 ....

I can picture it now...
*begin daydream*

driver: my car did 196mph
friend: what do you mean, it "did" 196mph
driver: well once I reached that speed the car ripped apart in a burning ball of flame and I died
friend: ahh...
driver: but that's not the point because it DID 196mph

....riiiiiiight ;) :rofl:

Edit: my only 1989 Toyota CAMRY (a non-sports car) showed a speedometer that read 160mph... it's standard on pretty much all mid-sized to full-sized cars and sports cars. I think Pinto is like the only car that won't show 160mph gauge.

If it says 160mph on a speedometer it doesn't mean it can even go near that speed. Mine says 260kmph.. but once i hit 160kmph (remember NOT mph) it starts shaking if i add another 10 it shakes violently. If i managed to hit even 220 in it, my tires would explode along with the engine and as d2alio said become a burning ball of flame.

Well time to move on but trust me if you ever hit the end of the sppedometer without blowing up into flames, on a stock honda and you can prove it to me I'll pay you $1,000.

No, really, you can actually hit that speed, but your not able to go far at all, before you realize you have to slow the f*ck down....

Time to move to other threads ... :)

This is hilarious...some guy left his car door light thing on yesterday after lunch, and they made an announcement that said "The following need to report to their cars to see what's left of them (or something like that)"...then they named the people. It turned out that the light exploded...the whole drivers side door was burnt, and 2 other cars got slightly burned.

I want one of those Civics... I test drove one the other day, that inparticular one wasn't that impressive. But Im so broke its not funny... But right now I drive a ****ty '96 Mercury Sable. It's got 136,000 miles on it. It moves though, thats what counts ;)

rice rockets aren't badass'ed enough for me... too puny go go badass cars ... 60's and 70's cars like charger's ruled!

Nice so we got a muscle car fanatic in the forum now.

But yea I too love muscle cars but then I love the power of a muscle car with a modern look on it more.

i don't care for the new model cars (2000+), i think they're trying to make them look too futuristic. i like either the old cars (60's-70's) or some cars around 90's, like mine :)

Here's the 2nd car I'll be getting as well, purely for racing. If you're wondering how I have this much cash, just put it this way: started working when I was 13 FULL-TIME, have never really bought anything expensive in my life, have been working full time since then (I'm 20 years old now) and now work as a designer for Ravio and have also had Management positions (and then adding back in the fact that I've never really bought anything)... i've got a good amount of cash saved up ;)

This car costs $150,000
Here's some specs:

5.4 Liter, DOHC 32-valve, supercharged and intercooled MOD V-8
500 Horsepower

This car was remade by Ford for 2005. In the mid 60's it was originally a race car (not a street car) and now it's being brought back street legal. This thing will pretty much outrun a cop car haha (and anyone who knows anything knows that cop cars back some 400+horses in a supercharged V8 engine...very powerful cars)

Attachments

• gt_p_concept_04.jpg
    gt_p_concept_04.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 16
You fluckin beeyatch!!
That car ownz my ****!!!!

But how were you working at 13 and fulltime? Now you can work at 14 part time.

As for my driving I am waiting for my parents to make an appointment at the DMV so I can get my drivers permit. For my car I am getting my Dad's (new just bought it tuesday) Audi A4 I am going to pimp it in that car :) .

Originally posted by d2alio
Here's the 2nd car I'll be getting as well, purely for racing. If you're wondering how I have this much cash, just put it this way: started working when I was 13 FULL-TIME, have never really bought anything expensive in my life, have been working full time since then (I'm 20 years old now) and now work as a designer for Ravio and have also had Management positions (and then adding back in the fact that I've never really bought anything)... i've got a good amount of cash saved up ;)

This car costs $150,000
Here's some specs:

5.4 Liter, DOHC 32-valve, supercharged and intercooled MOD V-8
500 Horsepower

This car was remade by Ford for 2005. In the mid 60's it was originally a race car (not a street car) and now it's being brought back street legal. This thing will pretty much outrun a cop car haha (and anyone who knows anything knows that cop cars back some 400+horses in a supercharged V8 engine...very powerful cars)

That car owns!

I've finally got 1/2 the money I need for my new car, and my parents are going to buy the other half, so I could buy my new car within the next week or so.

god, doesn't anyone work for their cars anymore? how do people just get handed cars or money? that's not fair :crying:

well, not you d2alio. how the hell could you work at 13? nobody would hire me til i was at least 16

I wasn't allowed to work until I turned 15, which is recently...and I saved up 10,000 for my car. So technically, I worked for it...1/2 of it.

Back