What's new

Do you hang clothes and sheets out in the sun?

Not allowed in our subdivision.
The HOA is very strict about paint/siding choices for houses, not allowing sheds or fences, etc.
On the upside our neighborhood has higher property values in comparison to the neighboring one, perhaps because of this?

You can't have a fence? What do peeps with dogs do? That would suck. My gurl loves hangin' out in her yard. :bliss:

I don't know that people would think to look at all of the little rules in every town they are looking at houses in!

The town next door to mine doesn't allow pick up trucks to be visible. :dunce: You can have one, but it must be garage kept. That means if you have a work issued 'big **** truck,' you'd better hope it fits in your garage, or you're going to be ticketed continuously. Garbage cans can't be visible either, so you can keep them in your garage or build a little enclosure for them.

Fussy **** town.

I used to, but had to stop, too many caterpillars dropping down from the trees overhead, or my stuff would get covered in tree & grass pollen. I loved it though, & would even hang undies, but they were blocked from view by other laundry on parallel lines...not that anyone but critters could ever see anything in my yard anyway :lol:

Why do people buy a home in an area where you can't do basic things like hang your clothes outside on YOUR property? :dunce:
I would never, ever live in an HOA area. I value my freedom too much to be hemmed in by a bunch of crazy persnickety pernicious autocratic tyrannical dictators.

I don't know that people would think to look at all of the little rules in every town they are looking at houses in!

I would. It's a BIG purchase. I would think I would notice if there were no fences. :9:

I kinda like the no garbage can thing though. My neighbors across the street drive me crazy. They're so lazy. They leave the cans on the curb usually about 5 days after garbage day. I HATE looking at them! :gah:

I would. It's a BIG purchase. I would think I would notice if there were no fences. :9:

I kinda like the no garbage can thing though. My neighbors across the street drive me crazy. They're so lazy. They leave the cans on the curb usually about 5 days after garbage day. I HATE looking at them! :gah:

Do you only have once a week pick up? Or do they just bring the trash out to the bin that's already sitting at the curb? :giggles:

I'd look at town rules too. I'd go nuts living in a town that regulated soooo much. I think a happy medium can be reached re: garbage cans. When we lived in Bourbonnais, they were only allowed on the curb within 24 hours of garbage day. Which I think is reasonable. They didn't care where you kept them, just so they weren't on the curb.

I'd look at town rules too. I'd go nuts living in a town that regulated soooo much. I think a happy medium can be reached re: garbage cans. When we lived in Bourbonnais, they were only allowed on the curb within 24 hours of garbage day. Which I think is reasonable. They didn't care where you kept them, just so they weren't on the curb.

I just don't get it. They pull in and out of the driveway passing them several times a day. If they're still there tomorrow (garbage day was yesterday) I think I'm going to put them in the middle of their driveway so they have to get out and move them. :snicker:

I just don't get it. They pull in and out of the driveway passing them several times a day. If they're still there tomorrow (garbage day was yesterday) I think I'm going to put them in the middle of their driveway so they have to get out and move them. :snicker:
You might want to ask why they keep them out so long...If they give you attitude, knock over their cans and call them white trash.

I hang sheets, rugs, quilts, etc...., I don't know if my town allows it, and I don't care, let them get the laundry cops out. I would hope they got better things to then go after people hanging out laundry.

Most of the people around here still hang clothes outside. I do on days when at is nice and sunny out.

You might want to ask why they keep them out so long...If they give you attitude, knock over their cans and call them white trash.

I KNOW why...............cause they're lazy with house stuff. Same reason their yard looks like ****, they don't shovel snow in the winter, the inside of their house is close to a hoarders episode. BUT they're nice people. DH has known them since high school. The lady took my son to Six Flags with her son yesterday so I don't wanna start stuff..............just irritates me.

I WISH I could but ironically my yard is NOT really big enough and I have no trees to tie it to plus all the "gunk" from my neighbors trees would blow down onto them and leave them icky and I have BAD allergies as well! Plus the birds would probably poop on them too!

:bowing: Lemme guess............you leave your cans out too long too? :tap:

:girl:

Actually I'm a bit lazier than that. Sometimes I'll just bring the garbage bags out to the curb and not bother with the can. This way there's nothing I have to drag back up the driveway in the morning.

Who are you to judge? :snicker:

Who are you to judge? :snicker:

Hey man...............we all gotta be considerate of others no? I wouldn't want peeps to have to look at my cans (lol) or my long grass, weedy flowers, etc. so I take care of my property.

Hey man...............we all gotta be considerate of others no? I wouldn't want peeps to have to look at my cans (lol) or my long grass, weedy flowers, etc. so I take care of my property.

So they shouldn't have to look at your cans but your floppy boobs are ok? Talk about inconsiderate. :giggles:

Seriously though, I basically agree with you but there are circumstances that make it a bit more challenging. Thankfully we have a lawn service that mows every week. There just isn't enough hours in the day for me to be pulling weeds (mostly in the backyard), picking up bits of branches etc. My uncle Fred used to keep the lawn spotless. Whenever he would take the dogs out, he was always picking things up off the lawn.

So they shouldn't have to look at your cans but your floppy boobs are ok? Talk about inconsiderate. :giggles:

Seriously though, I basically agree with you but there are circumstances that make it a bit more challenging. Thankfully we have a lawn service that mows every week. There just isn't enough hours in the day for me to be pulling weeds (mostly in the backyard), picking up bits of branches etc. My uncle Fred used to keep the lawn spotless. Whenever he would take the dogs out, he was always picking things up off the lawn.

Awww I hear ya. I have the time so I can.

And for the record, my floppy boobs get me some honks. :bowing:

You can't have a fence? What do peeps with dogs do? That would suck. My gurl loves hangin' out in her yard. :bliss:

Leash and walk them or have a dog run. A lot of places by me you can't have a fence.

Back