What's new

Do you like being on planes?

SeanQuinn87

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
How are you with being on a plane? Does it scare you? or Do you like it up there? :p I dont like it, i am not scared enough that i wont go on them, i do go on planes for going on holidays, etc.. but i dont really like it lol. :p

I fly a lot, so much that I've managed to get some pretty good perks out of the frequent flyer programs of three different airlines (can I just say that fast track through the security is the most amazing thing ever). When it comes to actually being on a plane I think it's alright and relaxing, but it's not like I really enjoy myself up there. It can be a bit boring. I also prefer longer planes (3+ hours) over shorter ones, as it makes the whole trip to and from the airports more worth the while, and you can actually install yourself on the plane and get comfortable when the duration is longer.

I only love the planes cause I get out of that place and visit a new place also all the movies I get to watch for 24 hours or so..

I've been on planes before. It's not my favorite way to travel but I can tolerate it. The reason being it's faster to get somewhere, especially if it's a long way off.

Love it! I'm currently training to fly ERJs out of LCY and it's amazing :)

Riding in an airplane is my favorite vehicle to ride. I like the thought that we're fast enough to reach a distant destination. I am not sleeping during the flight, except for the times that I am really exhausted. I like to enjoy my flight by watching movies or TV series on-flight, or I just read a book or a magazine just to keep me busy.

However, there were those times that I have cough and colds during the flight, and that is the thing I really hate when taking-off and landing. The pain really gets to my head and it is hard to tolerate.

Depends. When the travel time took so long, it's really boring and tiring for some reason even if the plane is comfortable. But I am still considering it as my favorite vehicle. I love the feeling when I see a certain place up in air!

Here are some photos of the from on the plane in my recent holiday last week to Tenerife. :D It was snowing here in Glasgow, Scotland when we were leaving so the plane was delayed for an hour or so. You can see the airport workman de-icing the plane..

IMG_8151.JPG IMG_8153.JPG

These are from when we got up in the air and when we landed in Tenerife..

IMG_8162.JPG IMG_8165.JPG IMG_8166.JPG

and this is getting on the plane and the journey back and landing in Glasgow..

IMG_8274.JPG IMG_8276.JPG IMG_8277.JPG IMG_8282.JPG

I took some others but iPhone photo quality plus the moving plane makes not the best quality of photos lol. :p

I haven't been on a plane but I think it would scare hell a lot of being on a plane. I'm afraid of heights I got panicked attack whenever I see things from below and also I'm easily getting dizzy. I hope when the times come I have to ride a plane I wouldn't experience my fears in heights.

I travel quite a lot and it still sucks every time. I used to tell people I was scared of planes just because it was easier, but it isn't entirely accurate. I hate the lack of control, the awkwardness of simple things like going to the bathroom, the fact that I'm stuck there no matter what, and that it's a tube full of strangers covered in germs. I have a poor immune system and that has made me a total germaphobe. Plus have you ever noticed there is always at least one person with a cough on every flight ever?

I put up with it so that I can visit the places I want to visit, but man is it the worst.

I have never been on a plane, however I would really love to someday fly in one.
Just the thought of being in a metal casing that is flying very fast and very high up into the air is amazing.
My parents flew twice with a plane now though, and they say that it is amazing, especially if you get seated next to a window, the view is amazing even if it the skies are not clear.
I don't even want to talk about if the skies are clear that day.

Just the thought of being in a metal casing that is flying very fast and very high up into the air is amazing.

One of my friends says that planes are great because they're "the closest to space that I'll probably ever get" which I thought was a really cool way to look at it. Most of us will never get to go into space. A huge number of us, however, can see the world from way above in the clouds. We take that for granted though. I hope you get to fly soon :)

That last holiday i went there a couple of weeks ago i didn't feel as bad on the plane as the previous one. :p Which was good..

I love planes! :eek:penedeyewink: Iv'e been on many, mostly international flights. However, though, I do know the smaller ones are more dangerous, but I like them too. Anyway, my only regret is that my income lately has kept me grounded.:teary:

I don't mind being on planes but I would prefer to travel by other means. Whilst plane travel is fairly safe, the smallest things can go wrong and end in disaster and I always get worried about the worst thing that could happen. Pretty silly I know...

I almost **** my pants the day we meet a big air turbulence. It was one of the most scary experiences in my life because I thought we were going to crash.

My first experience on plane wasn't one to be proud of because I puked when we left the ground and in the air. But after that horrible experience, I got better and started enjoying traveling by air.

Flying on a plane is quite nice if you manage to get the right seat. I have been on a. plane a couple of times and at first I was quite worried but now I love it. Sitting in economy isn't great, but sometimes the plane can be nice enough that it doesn't matter.

One day I want to fly in first class but I don't think I'll ever have the money to do that!

Back