What's new

Do you like helping small-time forums?

Wouldn't even be able to hazard a guess really. I started joining forums around 7 years ago (at a guess - my wht account was made in 2006 and that wasn't the first place I signed up) and since then have signed up to many; large and small.

I used to loiter around DP a lot and people are endlessly plugging their websites there; and if I liked what I saw, I signed up.
TheAdminzone was one of the first forums I've ever joined, same with Sitepoint. I don't visit Sitepoint anymore because the community is pretty inactive compared to how it was years ago.

Ya, I visit DP as well, but now as often as I used to.

I tend to stay with smaller communities, mine being one of them. Get a better sense of community and people talking on a smaller site.

Sometimes I do. And by that I mean that the size of a forum doesn't really affect whether I register there or not, so I'd quite happily post on a generally inactive forum if the members posted interesting stuff and I liked visiting. So I have helped smaller forums and I probably will do so again in future.

I love joining new forums and helping them get off the ground. I'm another person who loves low ID numbers :p

I love joining new forums and helping them get off the ground. I'm another person who loves low ID numbers :p
I'm not worried about having a low ID number. I'm all about helping the forum grow either by posting new topics, engaging in current threads, or linking it to my friends if I think they'll be interested.

Yes i love to help small forums, and i enjoy very much by doing this.

I do! I've done it a lot in the past, both because they were run by people I knew and by complete strangers when I've stumbled across them. I think some forums have a lot of potential, but they just don't have the content and community yet to really get going, so I like to help provide that.

Sometimes I do but I get pretty bored easily. Especially if no new topics are being created. I can't force myself to stay if I'm not interested right? Even in PTP forums I leave if I think that the forum is becoming boring as hell.

Back