What's new

Do you prefer Pixar or the original Disney films?

lauren

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Myself and a friend were chatting today!
I love both original Disney films and Pixar films however, my friends prefers just Pixar.

Do you like both or just one or the other?

By originals I mean; 101 Dalmatians, The Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Aristocats, Lion King ETC
Pixar; Toy Story, Up, Tangled, Monsters Inc ETC

**** QUESTION.

Disneys are the classic childhood movies, and who wouldn't adore at least a handful of those? I grew up to these, and some still make me tear up from the nostalgia. The drawings make me delirious, specially the old ones. So much to learn from, at least as a drawer.
However, no one can deny the genius in Pixar movies. Yesterday I went to see Monsters Inc 2 with my sister, mom and boyfriend and I bet I was the one who enjoyed it the most. I mean, their stories are not superficial, and the humour is just delicious. Not to mention the amazing scenarios and colors and ksdjfksdjflkjdsf.

So yeah.
DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE

I love both too! ^_^

Disney/pixar films make me cry no shame
I cried at Despicable Me 2 0-0

I can't choose! I absolutely adore both, so this would be a hard question for me!

I love Toy Story, The Incredibles, Monsters Inc., and Robots. <3 My favorite Disney movie is... once again, I can't choose!

Hmm.. I wonder what my favorite Disney movie is?? LOL

The Lion King of course. :) My other favorites are The Aristocats, Bambi, Aladdin, and 101 Dalmatains.

I don't really care for Pixar films, but my favorite one has to be Finding Nemo. =3

Pixar is okay, but nothing beats Disney from the 90's. Especially Lion King.

I definitely have more love for the original Disney movies.

Just want to clarify I made some mistakes in this thread!

Tangled and Despicable Me aren't by Pixar!
They're just so good I assumed ;)

Tangled is Disney.

But that is like asking me to pick my favourite child. The pioneers of animation or the pioneers of 3D animation. But I think it has got to be Disney. Their animators wrote the principles of animation 80 years ago and 11 of them still stand today in 3D. And there are plenty of fantastic 3D animation studios out there where as who can come close to Disney for 2D.

Yeah it's just purely Walt Disney studios rather than Pixar :p

Some constructive reasons there DJ :p

I'd have to choose the original Disney movies over the Pixar ones. However I'm sure when this question is brought up years from now for the current generation, they'll choose Pixar over whatever there might be at that time. It's a nostalgia factor.

I'd have to choose the original Disney movies over the Pixar ones. However I'm sure when this question is brought up years from now for the current generation, they'll choose Pixar over whatever there might be at that time. It's a nostalgia factor.

We have more right to debate this. Disney are like the first dons of animation. ;)
Good job to Charles-Emile Reynaud though, for the first ever animation.

Back