What's new

Do your kids love ketchup?

luvagreatdeal

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
I just made lunch for my kids. Reheated some homemade chicken tenders that I made for dinner a couple days ago.

I will swear that my 6 yo just squeezed like half a cup of ketchup onto his plate to dip his chicken in. I was going to scold him for using too much and wasting it but by the time I loaded up the dishwasher and turned back around, he had actually used up most of the ketchup and still hade 1 piece of chicken left! What the heck - how much ketchup can this kid need?

When he was younger, he would dip apple slices and goldfish crackers in ketchup and eat them. Occasionally I find him just eating the leftover ketchup on his plate with a spoon. :dunce:

The funny thing is that my 4 yo hates it and won't touch it. Guess that helps even things out in my house.

Do any of your kids really love ketchup too?

None of ours eat any ketchup. I don't care for it, maybe that's why.

Yes. Sometimes ketchup is the way I bribe my younger kids through their vegetables. Three of four love ketchup. The fourth thinks it's gross.

I don't care for it either. I only eat it on burgers and hot dogs and nothing else. So, it's certainly not inherited in his case LOL.

I have a nephew that uses ketchup on almost everything....steak, pizza, tacos, etc. YUK!

I don't care for it either. I only eat it on burgers and hot dogs and nothing else. So, it's certainly not inherited in his case LOL.

Well also maybe that I don't care for it so much that I don't buy it.... :giggles:

My son will eat ketchup with a spoon as well. My problem is he doesn't want to eat anything but the ketchup sometimes.

I only use on french fries.

Mistah's DS8 would drink ketchup if we'd let him. I love him to pieces but the volume of ketchup he can consume with a meal kinda grosses me out LOL

Well also maybe that I don't care for it so much that I don't buy it.... :giggles:

Ah, I see LOL.

I'm still using free ketchup from the last couple Conagra deals. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I run out though.

I can only hope that he outgrows his ketchup addiction by then so I won't be forced to buy it at full price.

I think they like it because it is sweet.

Maybe see if he likes mustard? Single-digit calories and no sugar.

I love regular potato chips dipped in ketchup. My new SIL does this too. Did I mention how much I love her!

I love regular potato chips dipped in ketchup. My new SIL does this too. Did I mention how much I love her!
Me, too. Or ketchup flavored potato chips...I loves ketchup. DW hates it.

I only use ketchup for french fries, one bottle last us a long time.
My mom likes to use ketchup (and pineapples) in sweet and sour fish/shrimp/pork/chicken, dh freaked out with the pineapples. :)

Me, too. Or ketchup flavored potato chips...I loves ketchup. DW hates it.

More for you then. The ketchup flavored chips are good (big in Canada I guess), but not as good as dipping them in real ketchup.

DS could take it or leave it...usually leaves it. DD (4) eats it on hotdogs & hamburgers, but her true passion is ranch dressing. Loves it on veggies, bread, pizza, etc. In fact, last week she could not understand why she couldn't get ranch dressing with her pizza....while we were in the Houston airport.

I don't get to eat a lot of ketchup because everything I put it on is terrible for you (chips, fries, burgers and hot dogs). Yes, I put ketchup on Chicago style hot dogs--I'll load it up just to piss off any "purists" at nearby tables...

Since I eat mostly poultry, I use a lot of Sweet Baby Rays instead.

I LOVE ketchup. I LOVE LOVE LOVE mustard.

My 4 year old LOVES ketchup. He would eat with a spoon if we let him. When I was pregnant with him I kept a bottle of ketchup in my desk. Just to make sure I had enough!

My 2 year old wants it on his plate (like his brother) but rarely uses it.

DH will use ketchup on a burger or hot dog but HATES to dip fries in it. This makes him weird IMO!

YES! DD puts ketchep ON ALL HER MEAT AND VEGETABLES! They have to drown in it for her to eat them...can you tell she hates meat and vegetables? LOL!

DS could take it or leave it...usually leaves it. DD (4) eats it on hotdogs & hamburgers, but her true passion is ranch dressing. Loves it on veggies, bread, pizza, etc. In fact, last week she could not understand why she couldn't get ranch dressing with her pizza....while we were in the Houston airport.

I make pizza with a ranch dressing base. It is yummy. Your DD would love it.

Back