What's new

Do your kids love ketchup?

Tsk, tsk. Why the complaining? I thought moms were supposed to encourage their kids to eat vegetables. :lol:

I don't get to eat a lot of ketchup because everything I put it on is terrible for you (chips, fries, burgers and hot dogs). Yes, I put ketchup on Chicago style hot dogs--I'll load it up just to piss off any "purists" at nearby tables...

Since I eat mostly poultry, I use a lot of Sweet Baby Rays instead.

Purists and other elitists can suck it. I have to watch it too because the sugar in ketchup triggers me to eat more :surrender: I don't eat burgers, but I dip my turkey or veggie dogs in bbq if it's available. I really only use ketchup for potato chips and fries.

Ketchup on french fries is a better choice, though, than Canadian poutine: a plate of fries, topped with cheese curds and smothered in brown gravy. :girl:

I LOVE ketchup. I LOVE LOVE LOVE mustard.

My 4 year old LOVES ketchup. He would eat with a spoon if we let him. When I was pregnant with him I kept a bottle of ketchup in my desk. Just to make sure I had enough!

My 2 year old wants it on his plate (like his brother) but rarely uses it.

DH will use ketchup on a burger or hot dog but HATES to dip fries in it. This makes him weird IMO!

Consider me weird as well. I refuse to dip my fries in ketchup. Have always eaten them plain with a little salt. :)

they used to go through TONS--last year I finally found a deal on heinz at wal mart and uber stocked up

ummm they stopped eating it all of a sudden

Ketchup on french fries is a better choice, though, than Canadian poutine: a plate of fries, topped with cheese curds and smothered in brown gravy. :girl:

I actually prefer sweet chilli sauce for my French fries and garlicky chili sauce for fried chicken. :)

You get ketchup and/or chilli sauce with fries, burgers and fried chicken in McD, KFC or Burger King in Singapore and Malaysia!

Yes, we count ketchup as a vegetable in our house!

I LOVE ketchup. I LOVE LOVE LOVE mustard.

My 4 year old LOVES ketchup. He would eat with a spoon if we let him. When I was pregnant with him I kept a bottle of ketchup in my desk. Just to make sure I had enough!

My 2 year old wants it on his plate (like his brother) but rarely uses it.

DH will use ketchup on a burger or hot dog but HATES to dip fries in it. This makes him weird IMO!

I only put ketchup on fries... Hate it on burgers and hot dogs!

Ketchup was once something I battled against with my stepkids... they eat it on everything, and not just a little bit- a lot, like your son! It is so gross to me.

So, we used to have ketchup free meals, because ketchup doesn't belong on steak or chicken or pork chops, imo. But they would **** about dinner without ketchup. So, I fully embraced ketchup & bought the giant tubs with the pump for awhile. Now we just buy bottles. I currently have 20 bottles in our inventory, with 3 partially used bottles in the fridge. *That* is enough to drive me nuts & put a deadbolt on my storage closet.

Ketchup is NOT a vegetable!

No less than dole fruit soaking in sugar syrup is not a fruit.

The US food guidelines are SO perverted.

Ketchup is actually figured into school lunch nutritional guidelines as a vegetable serving.

FYI the #1 vegetable eaten in the US by children is potatoes and the #2 is tomatoes (in the form of ketchup and tomato sauce). Fully one quarter of vegetable consumption in children is in the form of french fries (not including other forms of potatoes).

40-60 percent of childhood fruit consumption is in the form of juice (percentage depends on income level).

No and it's another thing with corn syrup in it! Can't they just use the sugar?

No and it's another thing with corn syrup in it! Can't they just use the sugar?
That's why I switched to Hunts even though I prefer Heinz.....I gave all my Heinz to the food pantry: The rich get richer, the poor get ketchup.

Ketchup is NOT a vegetable!
Are you disputing Ronald Reagan?

You must be a youngun'.

When Ronnie came in, he set to chopping down the budget...down came the decision that yesiree, Bob, the ketchup on hamburgers in school lunches were indeed-do their veggie portion. No need to waste more taxpayer money on things like green beans or spinach, just that plop of ketchup would do those kids right fine.

Youngest son (23) moans I by too much food but we go through a bottle of ketchup every 7-10 days. I told him fine I'll get rid of all the extras & he can pay full price then.
Now bbq sauce he still eats alot of, he would literally drink it out of the bottle when he was younger...YUCK

Are you disputing Ronald Reagan?

You must be a youngun'.

When Ronnie came in, he set to chopping down the budget...down came the decision that yesiree, Bob, the ketchup on hamburgers in school lunches were indeed-do their veggie portion. No need to waste more taxpayer money on things like green beans or spinach, just that plop of ketchup would do those kids right fine.

Born in 1974 so I'm not a youngin' and I do remember the years Reagan was in office but not that specifically.

I will correct my statement and say that "ketchup is NOT a vegetable in my house."

My kids eat 4-6 servings of real fruits and veggies every day. It is actually the one food group that I insist they eat their full servings of every day. I don't always push the protein, esp since my younger DS doesn't like most meats, but they ALWAYS get their fruits and veggies here.

That's why I switched to Hunts even though I prefer Heinz.....I gave all my Heinz to the food pantry: The rich get richer, the poor get ketchup.

We only use Hunts too. DH likes Heinz but then Jewel started giving away Hunts all the time so we switched to Hunts then. The no corn syrup thing was a bonus on top of that. Not sure what I'll do now that it's no longer free, but I'll probably continue to buy Hunts even after this.

I will correct my statement and say that "ketchup is NOT a vegetable in my house."
Ketchup is only a vegetable in the hearts of those too selfish & cheap to care that American children are fed school lunches that really are well balanced & healthy. You wonder if they confused a side salad with Beluga caviar.

Not big on ketchup....but...

J'aime got mustard!2.jpg

Please pass the MUSTARD!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back