What's new

"Don't Forget!"

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Every year at our Christmas celebration we make a little birthday cake & sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. We started that when my nephew was 2 & he is now 14. All the kids really enjoy it & it reminds everyone the real reason why we are together.

For birthday cake? :giggles: I kiiiiiiiiiiiiiid.

If 12/25 was the actual/approximate birth date, then conception would have taken place on or around the same day of the resurrection...coincidence? I think not. Mind = blown.

If 12/25 was the actual/approximate birth date, then conception would have taken place on or around the same day of the resurrection...coincidence? I think not. Mind = blown.

err HUH? i actually dont know the historical back ground for the date of the resurrection. its not in the spring?

Dates are pretty on for Resurrection. I didn't have any comments on the cartoon but wanted to say to Sati that we celebrate more like you.

We participate in the social American holiday version of Christmas with trees and lights and presents and special food but we don't celebrate Jesus' birth. No nativity or angels or such. It's a special family and community time for us and not a religious celebration.

We follow the scriptures more literally and find no scripture referring to such a celebration (of Christ's birth) in our Bibles nor do we find the early christians having such a practice. (It was started much later by the Catholic Church as Sati and others mentioned.) If we choose to celebrate Christ's birth in the way that is common practice today it is not something ordained by scripture.

We are thankful Christ was born but more thankful for the sacrifice He made for us all. What we celebrate is Christ's death and resurrection, every Sunday (Acts 20:7). We believe in being like the Berean Christians "examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so". Acts 17:11. And we try to base all of our faith and practice on God's Word which we believe is the only standard rather than "the tradition of men". (Mark 7:8, Colossians 2:8)

I don't agree with all the arguments and such already posted and I thought the cartoon was cute--Just not what my family and I believe. I also totally get that the word "Christmas" is from "Christ" "Mass". I love this time of year and it's definitely my favorite of all holidays.

lolcat-faith-heealer.jpg

Back