What's new

Ds Not A Psp

yeah

i heard about the past games for download, but i dunno if they're free. I also heard about touch screen control but i'm not crazy about that due to the fact that i don't overly enjoy the DS'S control.

well this one should be different I doubt that this one should be anything close to the Ds's controls they might change things up with the revolotion but what would be hot if the ds could link up with the Revolotion.Oh and I've heard some downloads will be free.

yeah...

but you could just play free NES games and that an an emulator for PSP or PC. yeah, i heard the revol would link to the next GB dunno bout ds...

there still a little fuzzy but I can't wait to see what they have done it's suppose to have a special feature that is so secret we might not find out about it untill revolotion's release date.What do you thank it is?

well...

2 new articles on gamespot solve those problems. the first states that the nintendo games for download on the revol will NOT be free. the second states that nintendo have not actually finished the revol's controller yet. that'll be why they haven't shown it then...

NINTENDO DS said:
THE BEST PORTABLE HANDHELD VIDEOGAME EVER IS THE DS I MEAN PSP IS GREAT BUT TO FRAGIL ****!
:no: :no: :no: :no: :no:
DONT BE STUPID IFD YOU WANT APORTABLE HAND HELD VIDEOGAME YOU WANT LONG BATTERY LIFE AND A NOT FRAGIL CONSOL :nod:

Heck no. The Sega Nomad is better. It's a handheld Genesis with a killer screen, awesome speaker, 700+ title library, and better games than the DS so far.

It's the size of a bus but I really don't care.

It's battery life is only 2 hours, but the battery packs are removable with the flick of a wrist and it lasts until the second coming of Jesus with 2500mAh Ni-MH rechargeables. You can get it charged in one hour with Rayovac's awesome charger.

Did I mention people literally flock to you with this thing and ask, "What is that?" Upon explanation they immediately disregard it's size and regard it as one of the coolest things they've ever seen. When they play it they're equally floored. It locks up somewhat easily but a clean cartridge gives me no problems at all. You can't do that with an NDS or a PSP.

Also, it's more durable than any handheld I've used to date. The screen protector shield cracks easily (Mine is), but it's a stone golem like every Sega console ever made. I've dropped it 4+ times and all that happens is six AA's spread on the floor - the battery pack actually opens itself under shock so the pack/battery terminals won't break, and the clip alone will tell you this. Now that's engineering.

http://www.vidgame.net/SEGA/NOMAD.html

Dude stop living in the past come on now sega has been dead for a while now and I think my buddy Z would agree that it would be best if you step into the future.

sega?

the sega nomad?? ummm did anyone tell you sega's dead? lol u should play wipeout or something...

Light said:
Dude stop living in the past come on now sega has been dead for a while now and I think my buddy Z would agree that it would be best if you step into the future.

I'm holding off until I see which console appeals to First Person Shooter titles more.

Z said:
the sega nomad?? ummm did anyone tell you sega's dead? lol u should play wipeout or something...

Who cares if a console is old/dead/etc.? My old school consoles get MUCH more play time than my nex gen ones, INCLUDING my self-built gaming PC. I frequently pump in four hours a day on my Genesis...

Besides, the Mona Lisa is a VERY old piece of artwork, yet nobody says, "Leonardo DaVinci has been dead for a while...You should go view Jackson Pollock's work."

That's my rationale behind that - old games never die. They are alll works of art.

Dude why do you waste your time on such a dead console people would have forgotten about sega totally if it wasn't for the kindness of nintendo.Also I guess you can say games are like artwork I mean sure the mona lisa is still famous even if her maker is dead but thats only because she's a work of art. Treve Guley was a good painter too and yet you don't see his work on the wall and do you know why because he wasn't good enough to make it.Now sega is like treve they just didn't cut it so people forgot about sega(system-wise that is) and moved on so dude move on sega is dead

Light said:
Dude why do you waste your time on such a dead console people would have forgotten about sega totally if it wasn't for the kindness of nintendo.Also I guess you can say games are like artwork I mean sure the mona lisa is still famous even if her maker is dead but thats only because she's a work of art. Treve Guley was a good painter too and yet you don't see his work on the wall and do you know why because he wasn't good enough to make it.Now sega is like treve they just didn't cut it so people forgot about sega(system-wise that is) and moved on so dude move on sega is dead

Why am I wasting my time? Actually, I don't think that's possible. Considering the multitude of $5 cartridges I can unearth at my local GameStop compared to a $50 GameCube game I don't want, why would I upgrade again?

I mean - think about this for a second. I've always wanted a Sega CD since I got my Genesis back in 1994. I got the 32X "Sega Mushroom" in 1996 when Toys 'R US were clearing them out for $20 a pop. That thing has some neat unknown games like Virtua Racing Deluxe, Motocross Championship, and Shadow Squadron that nobody knows about yet are better than many modern games I've played.

V.R. DX is amazing - and the Virtua Racing arcade cabinet is still prevalent because it STILL RAKES IN MONEY THIRTEEN YEARS LATER. IT'S THAT GOOD.

And Shadow Squadron is better than any StarFox game I've played to date - besides the unreleased StarFox 2 beta on the SNES.

I want the Sega CD. It's a part of my childhood. I grew up on Genesis games for FOUR YEARS until I got an N64.

I still have my orignal Genny and 32X setup. I also bought a Genesis 1 and a Power Base Converter.

I mean...THIS THING WAS MY LIFE FOR FOUR YEARS. Why would I not want to make the best of it?

My brother and me have both agreed to not spend any money on a new console - in-order processing will make the crappiest A.I. to date.

The thrill of discovering lost history MUCH overrides "The Latest and 'Greatest' Games" to me now. I'm older, and I'm on a quest for knowledge.

And anyway - I HAVE MOVED ON! Jesus, kid, enough of these "opinion" arguments already. I don't share your views, so do not try to convert me. I enjoy newer games. I just prefer older games.

Do you see my point now? Because I see yours and I have acknowledged it.

Yeah man I see and if sega has been in your life for 4 years then hey I'll let you be but when you think about it most of the things your saying are opinion but hey if sega's your thing then rock on.

Light said:
Yeah man I see and if sega has been in your life for 4 years then hey I'll let you be but when you think about it most of the things your saying are opinion but hey if sega's your thing then rock on.

May as well :D. I'm personally requesting a PSP for my birthday this year.

Light said:
So you already ahve a DS?

Nope, and I've been seriously considering both platforms. As of now I have no money.

I'm going to buy a Family Boy as of now though. It's an NES clone that accepts NTSC/PAL cartridges and doesn't give you the grey flashing screen and cheap connector like the Nintendo model does.

Also, since that one uses the industry standard input port found on everything from the Genesis to the Atari XE (My first console, but I no longer have one), to the Panasonic REAL 3D0 Multiplayer, there is a multitude of accessories you can run on it.

hmmm...

if you have a choice between the 2, DS and PSP, i'd say go with PSP. not just because i think its the best of the 2, but because its the most expensive. buy the most expensive first and if you still want the DS after, i didn't, it won't take half the time to save for.

I'll pay for quality but to me the DS seems to have more to offer.

hmm...

could you explain why? psp seems to have way more to offer. i mean...look at it.

O.k here goes the psp has a bigger screen,graphics,easier control,and media.Now the DS has two screens,gameplay,a more hands on kind of control,and an easier way to get media.I hope I answer your question Z and made your decision easier Nostagia.

Back