What's new

Ds Not A Psp

huh?

an easier way to get media? how is this true when with the DS you have to pay extra for movies and music on a screen half the size? i'm not even sure if it does pics even with the add on. and the psp uses memory stick, so there are so many ways to put media onto it. first you could find it through thr wi-fi connection, or just slap the mem stick in the comp if it uses them, failing that just hook it up with a usb cable.

The DS uses SD memory cards so all you have to do is pop it in the DVD or computer convert size and bam you have movies,music and games.You see the play yan
(which also works for the SP)only comes around 79 dollars but thats only if you buy it in advance when they bring it to the U.S.A it will be only 50 dollars and we're not limited to UMD's all we have to do is pop the card in the DVD player pop in the DVD record and convert and bam we can have any movie we want Lion King,Kingdom come,and season 2 of Chappelle's Show.If we want music then we just pop it in the Cpu, record, and ROCK.WE can also download games from nintendo's garage.Besides IGN seems to think that it's easier too.

ummmm...

same thing works with psp if you have a mem stick and a computer that takes it just slap it in to download anything from movies, mags, pics, music, even games. I heard they'll be a GBA emulator soon...anyway, the psp is not limited to UMD movies either, you can convert and put any movie you like onto yer stick.

So the emulator for the psp how does it work? Is it an acessorie? How much is it?How can you use it for downloading movies?Does it use SD memory cards to?Explain.

okay...

the emulator (as far as i gather) is something which you download onto your mem stick and put into your psp. it allows to play nes, gb and gba games. the gba games are not perfect yet, they have no sound, but they should be very soon. SD mem cards? which type are these? all i know is that psp uses memory stick duo or pro duo sticks. and u can't use the emulator for downloading movies, you can download from the internet or rip dvd's on to it (that's complicated however)

SD memory cards are the wave of the future I think that all the next gen consoles will use them they download movies and music and other stuff its real easy to use and hold a lot of memory.It's actally pretty simple to download stuff and as I said before your able to get any movie you want.

true

but u can get any movie you want onto any mem stick if its got enough memory.

Really I didn't know memory sticks worked like that I thought they where just for music

nope

nope, movies, music, pictures, mags, emulators and in the future hopefully writing documents (a key board is being released for psp) can all be put on the mem stick duo and therefoe onto psp.

Wow a keyboard that sounds wierd.Then why would Sony waste money with UMDs if the memory sticks do the samething.

probably because UMD's hold alot of data and a memory stick with, say, wipeout pure on it, would have to be able to store alott of data, and a big mem stick is alot more expensive than a UMD.

Hey Z you wouldn't happen to know how wifi works?

wi-fi

wi-fi on psp you mean? wi-fi is basically wireless multi-player, i'm not sure about other systems such as ds but on psp it works dead easy. there's a switch on the left side of the psp (right where the on/off switch is but diff side) which switches the wi-fi on and of. all you need now is a game. if it has wireless multi-player (mercury, lumines, wipeout pure, ridge racer ect. all do) it should state this on a menu. then just turn on the wi-fi and it'll pick up the signal from nearby psp's, then just set the specs for the game and away you go.

No i mean period you see I'm trying to figure it out you know getting ready for the new releases do you have to be at a hotspot or something or is wifi everywhere

well...

i only know how wi-fi works on the psp. as far as i know you don't need to be near a hot-spot, just near a friend with the same game running.

Sounds like what we use now but hey I'll figure it out on the info highway which is very very big so Z have you heard anything new on the Next Gen consoles

It's not a defect it's a Nomad!

Authors Note: Being the proud owner of a Nomad myself, I can tell you this is a hoax.

Why?

#1: The battery pack, nor the AC adapter are connected. No power= no game.

#2: the cartridge is not in fully, and the door can easily eject a cart when not seated in the connector. The SNES also "suffers" from this.

#3: The screen is not that white at that angle.

#4: Nobody moves their fingers that slow while playing Sonic The Hedgehog 3. First off, he'd die, and second off, everyone I know gets pissed when Sonic 3 freezes, and he's a bad actor.

nothing

really new on the next gen front...waiting for ninty to reveal their controller (finally)

I know they haven't release anything new about Rev since the E3

Light said:
I know they haven't release anything new about Rev since the E3

Don't count on it until the last minute, either - If you want an idea of how secretive Nintendo is, Game Informer usually has to buy the software for their reviews because The Big N never sends it. Also, while other companies send "Developer Consoles," consoles that play CD-R/DVD-R media for beta testing, Nintendo does not.

Also, they've been notorious for holding out on specs until the last minute.

Back