What's new

Easiest Job You've Ever Had

Nate

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Finally got a new job working with the tech department at my high school. It is weird because I haven't been here since I graduated two years ago and I still remember this building inside and out.

Anyway, this job is so insanely easy. We are just imaging laptops which takes a couple clicks then you sit around for hours waiting for it to be done. I'm surfing the web but it sucks because of the stupid child blocker on almost all of the good websites. Luckily this site isn't blocked! I'm used to 12 hour days of hard labor where I physically pay for every dollar I bring home. I also worked at a dump for two years slinging on the trucks. This is a very nice break from that.

What was your easiest job? Hardest?

I'm yet to have an official job but I hope my first one will be easy going as I assume it'll be money-making as a sideline to uni :)

I've applied for loads of jobs for like the weekend and holidays, but nobody wants me D:

I've only had one job, so that would be both my easiest and my hardest. Though I try to be an author on the side, which is far more difficult I'd say.

I've only had two jobs and my current one is the hardest. I'm an Electronics Brand team member at Target. I love it, though, and wouldn't change it! I've learned a lot about myself and other people. :) Keeping kids as a nanny was hard, too, but very rewarding!

I've worked with my Dad on occasion; he never got me to do much since I usually only had to monitor something from the other end of a building or something. I did car valeting for about a week; didn't get paid much and it was actually quite strenuous work at times.

My current job is fairly easy; it wasn't at first because of poor training, but I've gotten used to it now. Recently all I end up doing is standing around for several hours 'cause the shops' damned quiet.

Oh man, I've had a bunch of jobs. I worked at Burgmeiers Hauling which is a dump for two years, I labored for my Uncle's plumbing company last summer, I worked at Michael's Crafts one Christmas, I worked at Reliance Bank during the school year of my senior year, I worked Security occasionally for four years on and off, cooked and served food at my college's cafeteria, made pizza at a local pizzeria, I worked for a labor company for a couple months and now I'm working in the Tech Department at my old high school.

My first ever job was as a cleaner. I worked in a fire stations headquarters and we cleaned desks and the toilets for 2 hours and I got ?6.24 an hour which was great, but I didn't think so because of the little hours. I preferred having long shifts than short shifts every day. It was easy but because it was my first job, I didn't realise and I kind of took it for granted, as well as my friend getting more hours because her mum worked there.

My hardest was a short time working in a coffee shop. You probably wouldn't think it was stressful but, it sooo was. The bosses were a couple who had just opened the business so things were usually going wrong. But they were absolutely horrible. The man was grumpy as ****, never smiled and was pretty scary tbh. The woman swore at and insulted us, giving warnings for the smallest of things. They'd only been opened for 2 weeks but already 3 people had quit. One guy had only had about 2 shifts and he quit on the day she gave him a warning (she swore and shouted at him and an another guy) and told them that he would not tolerate being spoken to like that. I wished I could've just done that but I'd lose my job and it'd taken me awhile to get it. I came home crying my eyes out once, because of the stress, the pressure and her shouting at me like I'm some idiot. She just threw me straight into the job and then went nuts if I did something wrong, which could've been avoided if she actually trained me. She always threatened to sack us, saying we were all "replaceable" like objects and she was so disrespectful to this sweet guy who was basically the rock to their company and without him, they'd probably lose their business. Then she eventually stopped calling me in for shifts and I went to pick up my last wage (which she conveniently forgot), but she kept me waiting until my mum came in. Then she was all nice and got me the money. Not only was the work hard, but the stress and the bosses. I liked her family though, mainly her mum. She was very kind, complimented me and was more considerate of my feelings. :aww:

I had another job in a 13th century castle where each shift was 12-14 hours long, only. We had no proper breaks and it'd take me a few days to fully recover from one shift! The castle was also an hour away! I thought that was hard, but everyone was very friendly and there wasn't too much stress. I was actually shown how to do things. That job was only hard because of the long shifts.

My hardest was a short time working in a coffee shop. You probably wouldn't think it was stressful but, it sooo was. The bosses were a couple who had just opened the business so things were usually going wrong. But they were absolutely horrible. The man was grumpy as ****, never smiled and was pretty scary tbh. The woman swore at and insulted us, giving warnings for the smallest of things. They'd only been opened for 2 weeks but already 3 people had quit. One guy had only had about 2 shifts and he quit on the day she gave him a warning (she swore and shouted at him and an another guy) and told them that he would not tolerate being spoken to like that. I wished I could've just done that but I'd lose my job and it'd taken me awhile to get it. I came home crying my eyes out once, because of the stress, the pressure and her shouting at me like I'm some idiot. She just threw me straight into the job and then went nuts if I did something wrong, which could've been avoided if she actually trained me. She always threatened to sack us, saying we were all "replaceable" like objects and she was so disrespectful to this sweet guy who was basically the rock to their company and without him, they'd probably lose their business. Then she eventually stopped calling me in for shifts and I went to pick up my last wage (which she conveniently forgot), but she kept me waiting until my mum came in. Then she was all nice and got me the money. Not only was the work hard, but the stress and the bosses.

Some people are just incapable running businesses and/or being a boss. I think it's disgusting when management don't treat you with respect or give you satisfactory training. A member of management where I work told me I was **** at my job the other day which, needless to say, pissed me off to no end.

I'm yet to have an official job but I hope my first one will be easy going as I assume it'll be money-making as a sideline to uni :)

Same with me mostly working for agencies (or through my mum's work). However the one I'm on atm (through agency, but constent work coming in unlike my other one which I will soon quit) is pretty easy and time flies. All I need to do is turn up go on a llop and use the voice system for order picking. The only hard part is the **** on the voice system sometimes she works and sometimes she just doesn't work full stop ie doesn't respond to your commands etc etc or does things you haven't said.

I served coffees and teas at a holistic centre for two days, easiest 140? ever.

Hardest must have been loading and unloading charcoal sacks, used to move 1-2 tonnes of coal in one morning by hand.

Back