What's new

FAFSA info...

Good luck

Keep us posted--I am sure you will get the grant--they are usually pretty good about giving grants! The government is really doing a push on getting people to continue education--and since your EFC was so low--you should get it--it is the MAP grant from state of IL that everyone had trouble with--the state was out of money so they didn't give it and all the people expected it--so sounds like you are going for a different one--and hopefully there are still funds in the account!

Thanks guys! The presentation has been given... now I wait and go NUTS... :waiting:

OK so I just applied for a grant from the Gov for school... can anyone give me some insight as to how this all works?? Any tips etc...

I (apparently) am approved for $5,550 worth of grants. Is this alot?? I need to calculate how much my program is gonna cost me... Hmmmmm.... any info you can help with would be LOVERLY!

TIA!
The best thing about grants is that if you don't use all the money....the school sends you the balance....free money
If you can, find out what books you need and look on amazon. My dd in college just bought a book there for $13.00. At the school book store they wanted $120.00.

I have a 20 year old at NIU. She got the full grant awards and an alumni scholarship from her high school and had to take out some loans.
I also have an 18 year old at the community college. He got the full grant awards. He recieved a check for a little over $1900 back after his classes and books were paid for. He'll get another one next semester. Community college is fully covered and then some. It's nice because you can use the refund check on whatever you need. Gas, lunches, whatever. My daughter had gotten the same when she was in the community college her first two years.
I'm sure you've already gotten the info you needed but if you have any more questions, you can always message me. :)

My presentation has been submitted now I wait... I found out today that she can't present it to the board until November 16 ~ I am going to lose my mind WAITING!!! :gah: UGHHHH!!!! :waiting:

Back