Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
What would be your favorite book?

Mine is definitely harry potter.

The Book Thief - Markus Zusack
The Hunger Games Trilogy - Suzanne Collins
:)

God, that's a really hard one... toss up between a few of the Harry Potter books, I think. The third, fourth, and seventh are all great. :eek:

I can't even choose.
I have way too many favourites.

The True Blood series by Charline Harris was great.
The Fault In Our Stars - John Green
Will Grayson, Will Grayson - John Green and David Leuithan
Carrie - Stephen King
The Numbers series - Rachel Ward

When I was younger I used to love the Skulduggery Pleasant series :p

I'll probably think of some more later on.

I liked "The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher: or the Murder at Road Hill House"
It is a summer's night in 1860. In an elegant detached Georgian house in the village of Road, Wiltshire, all is quiet. Behind shuttered windows the Kent family lies sound asleep. At some point after midnight a dog barks. The family wakes the next morning to a horrific discovery: an unimaginably gruesome murder has taken place in their home. The household reverberates with shock, not least because the guilty party is surely still among them. Jack Whicher of Scotland Yard, the most celebrated detective of his day, reaches Road Hill House a fortnight later. He faces an unenviable task: to solve a case in which the grieving family are the suspects. The murder provokes national hysteria. The thought of what might be festering behind the closed doors of respectable middle-class homes - scheming servants, rebellious children, insanity, jealousy, loneliness and loathing - arouses fear and a kind of excitement. But when Whicher reaches his shocking conclusion there is uproar and bewilderment. A true story that inspired a generation of writers such as Wilkie Collins, Charles ****ens and Arthur Conan Doyle, this has all the hallmarks of the classic murder mystery - a body; a detective; a country house steeped in secrets. In The Suspicions of Mr Whicher Kate Summerscale untangles the facts behind this notorious case, bringing it back to vivid, extraordinary life

I enjoyed the factual historical detail - the book is also well annoted with extra details - extremely well researched and written. A good read even if you do not consult the extensive extra detail.

Paperback: 400 pages
Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC; Reprint edition (5 Jan 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0747596484
ISBN-13: 978-0747596486

Last edited by a moderator:
Present favourite book is a 2nd hand used called Le Corbusier and the Power of Photography, by Nathalie Herschdorfer and Lada Umst?tter. I bought it from www.abebooks.co.uk in pristine condition for a fraction of the price. Great book, hardcover. Wonderful read. :D

At this rate I'm going to have to buy the local library. Getting short on shelf space! XD

Aside from Harry Potter, which is my all time favorite book, I also like books written by John Grisham. His novels are about law cases and trials. I love it when the story is about criminal trial case, it's very exciting.

Lord of the Rings Trilogy definitely, plus the Hobbit.
Tom Clancy's Hunt for the Red October, Patriot Games

I hate Harry Potter...

Again I pondered this topic and saw that at the bottom of my bed was Shakespeare's sonnets; the most well-read and well-loved of them all.
There you are, then. :D

I love all books written by Paulo Coelho. They're inspiring and touching but they're still a light read. In fact, I could say that lessons and stories I've learned from Paulo Coelho's books are life-changing.

The Harry Potter books are my favourite... They're the only books I ever read properly to be honest :p

I can't pick a single book, as many of my favourites come as parts of a wider series. The Shannara series by Terry Brooks, the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks, Kingmaker, Kingbreaker and Godspeaker series' by Karen Miller, the Elenium and Tamuli trilogies by David Eddings... It's so hard to decide on an absolute favourite.

Edit: Also the Dragonlance series, by various authors.

Simon Bloom and the Gravity Keeper
and Harry Potter

The GONE Series by Michael Grant, and Promise of The Wolves by Dorothy Hearst. :)

The Hunger Games for sure! I enjoyed the whole series but the first book was my favourite. I loved the characters.

I have always been a huge fan of George R. R. Martin books. I have read his Game of Thrones more than four times and I'm still going to read it. It's my favorite of his book. I have also read Fire and Blood and A Dance with Dragons.

It depends on the aspect of life that we are talking about. I was fulfilled when I read Art of seduction by Robert Greene. It was one book that opened my eyes to all the seduction tactics in the world of women. I read the book yearly so as to keep up to date.

Back