What's new

Fishing

magickat

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Fishing is a sport, so any anglers here?

I love the tv show River Monsters with Jeremy Wade, I watch it every week. I used to fish with my dad when I was a kid.

No, I'm not a fisherman myself but yes, why shouldn't it be a sport. If cuesports is a sport, cricket is a sport than fishing is worthy of being a sport as well. It just has to be in season with competitions conducted responsibly.

I used to be a huge fresh water fishermen in NY, but when I moved to San Diego I was let down by the lakes out here. And I have yet to get into Salt Water fishing like I want to.

I fish, A LOT!
Heres some from this past year. Most of them are stuff my buddies caught in my boat, but i've brought similar fish up like them.

Master Angler Sheephead.
attachment.php

Decent sized River caught Steelhead
attachment.php

80 Bluegill caught in 3 hours.
attachment.php

Fishin' for Steelhead
attachment.php

Attachments

• 6895061671_1e5ea13016.jpg
    6895061671_1e5ea13016.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 6895061711_0cf4d1e80d.jpg
    6895061711_0cf4d1e80d.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 6895061721_a11a5f2cff_z.jpg
    6895061721_a11a5f2cff_z.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 6895066773_92228fe37e.jpg
    6895066773_92228fe37e.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 70
I love fishing, we have some great fishing here in the Pacific Northwest. Bass fishing in the Columbia is outstanding, it's probably one of the most underrated bass areas in the country. My buddies and I can go out in August and catch and release all day. I fish on my lunch breaks at work and I've caught 6 in 30 minutes one afternoon.

Wow, nice to see there are some keen fishermen out there. What has been your biggest catch?

I've caught 40lbs salmon on a regular basis before in NY. I have never caught a fish in California. lol

fishing is one of my favorite pastimes as a kid.i have always wanted to get started again

I also used to fish a lot with my dad as a kid, some of the better memories of my childhood are of fishing.

Catching one blue gill, one time, is the highlight of my fishing career. I have only been a handful of times, but it is definitely very relaxing and something that I would not mind doing more often.

I used to fish a lot, but haven't in a while. I kind of miss it, I'll probably start going a lot more soon.

My husband and I love fishing. We go all summer long, and even in the winter sometimes. I love to watch Deadlest Catch, Mudd Cats and a few more of the shows out there.

Anyone else been ice fishing? I went once as a kid and would love to go do it again with a couple buddies

Anyone else been ice fishing? I went once as a kid and would love to go do it again with a couple buddies

Ice fishing as in cutting a circle in the ice and fishing through the little hole?

Ice fishing as in cutting a circle in the ice and fishing through the little hole?

Yeah haha, wasn't too great back then but going now brining a couple buddies and some beers would be great

Yeah haha, wasn't too great back then but going now brining a couple buddies and some beers would be great

I've only seen people do that in movies, seems like it would be pretty fun to do.

Back