What's new

Fishing

I only really fished with my grandfather. For him fishing was a way to put food on the table both during summer and winter. I never liked "konking" them out (as I called it). I am one of those feel bads for it while its alive and dont want to do the dirty work but not afraid to eat a 1lb of wings and some ribs. LOL

Trout and Bass was common here when he took me out. That was 25 years ago now. Havent fished since with the exception of playing a fishing game on the Wii

I only really fished with my grandfather. For him fishing was a way to put food on the table both during summer and winter. I never liked "konking" them out (as I called it). I am one of those feel bads for it while its alive and dont want to do the dirty work but not afraid to eat a 1lb of wings and some ribs. LOL

Trout and Bass was common here when he took me out. That was 25 years ago now. Havent fished since with the exception of playing a fishing game on the Wii

I'm the same in the way I feel bad haha, the only part I don't like about fishing.

Sadly my country doesn't really provide good fishing conditions but almost everytime I'm on vacation abroad I pack my fishing gear. I also got into spearfishing recently though so far I've speared 0 fish..

Fishing is actually the most popular sport in the world, from a participation perspective.

I used to like fishing when I was a teenager, we camped out the night, got drunk, smoked weed and caught lots of fish.

I can't wait to start fishing. I found this great spot last year. No joke I caught like like 4-5 5 pound fish. Up until that point I had only caught like 1-3 pound bass. Nothing better than getting up at like 5:30 in the morning and going fishing.

What lures you guys use? I use mostly soft plastic lizards and worms.

Fishing is not a sport! Unless you are fishing for food I really do not see the point? What is the point of ripping a fishes mouth open with a hook to then have a photo taken with it just to throw the poor thing back in the water??????

I'm no fisherman but I'd love to learn one of life's most basic skills not just for sport either.

Fishing is definitely a sport. I love watching bass fishing on ESPN and Fox Sports Net every once and a while. I like it because Im a big fisher up at my cabin, im always out on the lake.

Fishing is definitely a sport. I love watching bass fishing on ESPN and Fox Sports Net every once and a while. I like it because Im a big fisher up at my cabin, im always out on the lake.

What was the biggest fish you caught? Shock me. :cool:

I go fishing every time I go to Texas, and I must say that it really is quite the experience! I watch River Monsters as well and it's a fantastic show:).

Have any of you guys ever had weird happenings while on the boat or beside a lake? Lockeness Monster? :) I'd like to hear some pretty weird stories while you guys are out fishing.

Have any of you guys ever had weird happenings while on the boat or beside a lake? Lockeness Monster? :) I'd like to hear some pretty weird stories while you guys are out fishing.

One time I was reeling in a small sunfish back to my dock, and this 31" muskie came out from under my dock and nailed the sunny. Scared the sh*t out of me! But I grabbed my net and scooped the huge muskie up!!! I got to start using sunnys for bait!

Oh and another thing. One time I was fishing a few miles off the coast of Mexico, and we saw something floating in the water and turns out it was a big St. Bernard. The thing was so bloated it looked like a cow and it smelled horribly.

I have some great memories of fishing with my dad. I don't often get the chance anymore, but there is nothing like a relaxing day on the lake! I can't remember ever catching any really big fish, but then again, they call it fishing and not catching.

One time I was reeling in a small sunfish back to my dock, and this 31" muskie came out from under my dock and nailed the sunny. Scared the sh*t out of me! But I grabbed my net and scooped the huge muskie up!!! I got to start using sunnys for bait!

I got a pretty crazy story. Me and my friends were partying at my friends house on the lake. We were up drinking all night. Before we knew it the sun was out and it was the morning. Most of my friends had gone to sleep but me and one buddy pulled an all nighter. So what do we decide to do, go fishing!

We borrow his neighbor's canoe, and take it out onto the lake, along with a bottle of vodka and one of our sleeping friends cigarettes. We're still drunk. So everything's going all right until i poor out the last little bit of vodka. My friend gets pissed and splashes me with one of the paddles. So of course I splash him back with my paddle.

Now we're in a splashing war and guess what, the boat flips! So now we're drunk out in the middle of the lake with a flipped boat. Long story short we swam back to shore and all the neighbors were outside to make sure we were ok. Pretty memorable.

I've never fished for sport but I do enjoy fishing on the weekend just for fun.

I really enjoy fishing, yet it is not a sport. I consider it a hobby or something to do for fun. Fishing just really calms me down and I really feel at peace when I am fishing. I love the thrill of reeling in a huge fish.

Fishing is a sport, so any anglers here?

I love the tv show River Monsters with Jeremy Wade, I watch it every week. I used to fish with my dad when I was a kid.

I was going to put some pictures of fish to brighten up my post, but then I scrolled down and found GREAT photos. :appl:

I really enjoy fishing, yet it is not a sport. I consider it a hobby or something to do for fun. Fishing just really calms me down and I really feel at peace when I am fishing. I love the thrill of reeling in a huge fish.

I knew a fellow from N.J. who lived in MT. so he could bass fish until he shot a grizzly bear and got transported back to N.J. Got his boat he won in competition taken away and his abilitiy to ever fish in MT. Montana protects those grizzlies.

Well I have gone fishing many times but I don't consider it as a sport. For me, its more of a leisure activity that I can indulge in with my friends. There's already too much competition in our lives, I don't want it to creep in when I am relaxing LOL

Back