What's new

Game Boy Mirco

Light

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Nintendo has plans to release a new type of Gameboy this one is base on style and there is a rumor that says the GBM will have a slot for a Play Yan.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/26/news_6126595.html
This site should give you more info.
So what do you thank this is another attempt to put Nintendo back on the sexy list or just another GBA.
I personly think that the GBM will be Awesome with the play yan. :cool:

hmmmm...

i think its just a way to milk nintendo fans for more cash. come on people. this is the 3rd model of the GBA, are you really gonna buy it?

Well look at who decided to show up my good friend Z. O.k man if you read the article closely you would see that there aiming for style and trying to set things up for the Play yan so this really isn't just another GBA.

but...

isn't it true you can just buy the play yan for say DS or GBA? the GB micro IS improved, but dosen't it have a smaller screen? still sounds like a way to squeeze more cash outta an old machine to me...

well like I said before its mainly a thing for style they might just make a whole bunch acessories for the GBM.It worked for the ps2 maybe it will work for the GBM.

yeah

yeah but this is the GBA's third model i mean, third! as far as i know that's never been done before has it? oh wait, there was the GB, GB colour, GB pocket wasn't there? still, 3 seems a bit to many.

yeah but this one is suppose to be made mainly for the play yan and new acessories(some physical and some virtural)and also its suppose to have two slots so I guest there changing things up.

true...

but its the games that make a system and they'll have the same ones as the GBA and SP.

We really don't know some of the acessories may make some games work only for it but I do see what you mean about making a game 3 times but hey the third times the charm.Yet nintendo has some time who knows what they could do what acessorie they could make only for the GBM.

true...

but i won't be buying it. i'd rather save my money for new games than buy the same system released for the third time.

I'll be buying a used SP - usually the first revision of a console is better anyhow.

SNES 1 > SNES 2: SNES 1 was a tank, SNES 2 was a Chrysler.

Genesis 1 > Genesis 2 > Genesis 3: Gen. 1 was compatible with the power base converter, Sega CD 1, and it had a headphone jack. The Gen. 2 had a sharper image but could not run an SCD 1 without special cable hacks and it had no Z80 CPU so the PBC won't work. The Genesis 3 is a joke - Freezes easily, no expansion, cheap, crippled chipset, and nasty contruction. Needless to say, Majesco designed and manufactured it, not Sega.

The only consoles I've seen to date that surpass their old versions are the PSOne and the Sega CD 2. The PSOne and SCD 2 are more durable and operate smoother.

~Z~ said:
but i won't be buying it. i'd rather save my money for new games than buy the same system released for the third time.
Well Z truth be told there not done yet so I guess well have to wait but like I said there suppose to be a whole bunch of acessories to put on it now I'm not saying that I'll buy it heck I didn't even buy the SP but if they plan to do something special I would like to see it.

hmmm....

it'll be intresting to see how it sells...

I think it will sell great. but not that i will get it, i got a SP allready, and that's enough.

It will be totally different from the SP.Well I really can't jugde it to the game arrives so theres no telling how things will turnout.

Nintendo said it will get the best GameBoy screen ever. But that is no reason for me to buy another GameBoy, i will only buy a new GameBoy if there ever comes a new one that plays other cartridges.

Well like I said there are suppose to be a whole bunch of cool acessories.

Well, actually I have only seen a few screenshots from it. I think I will take a look at some more information soon.

Iwata must have something plan for GBM.

Back